I personally love Day of Infamy, there's very little that I do not like about the game. A couple of these have to do with 2 guns (technically 3) in the game. First off, the M1917 American revolver is a double action pistol, that means you can pull the trigger and have the hammer be cocked back by doing so. Single action is when you cannot pull the trigger all the way back to cock the hammer and simultaneously fire, you have to cock the hammer back before you fire and after it is cocked back it is then ready to fire. In Day of Infamy, the developers made it into a single action revolver, which is a historical inaccuracy. The M1917 revolver was always double action even when it was used in World War 1. The second issue I have is with the rifle grenades for the Americans. The rifle grenade that you use on the M1 Garand and the Springfield 1903 is an Anti-Tank rifle grenade. Not meant for use against infantry, what is interesting is that how I found this out was watching an old American training film from World War 2. It was training those who watched about the weapons they are likely going to use, what would be the best time to use different weapons, etc, etc. Before the main events in the video took place, they were showing the different firearms, and calibers. They showed off rifle grenades that had 3 variants. The first was an impact fuse frag grenade, it looked like a Mk 2 fragmentation grenade on a stick without the pin, or spoon. The second was a standard Mk 2 frag grenade that was attached to the same stick but it DID have the pin, and spoon, the narrator/commentator said it was meant for air bursts. The third was the Anti-Tank variant that looks exactly the same as the model in Day of Infamy. The model wouldn't bother me as much as it does if it wasn't a timed fuse instead of impact. You can clearly see on the rifle grenade that it does not have any sort of safety device such as a pin or a spoon. I know that Day of Infamy is still in early access, a lot can change and be fixed before release. I'm not expecting to have the perfect game but if this was a mistake by the developers hopefully this post will get it fixed.                                                             https://youtu.be/1QgXuhv7-54 This is the training video, 1:23 is when you can see the 3 different rifle grenades.
Agreed! Fix out now while it is still new so more can enjoy it. This is not a skinning error so we on our side can fix it. Thanks devs!
I don't mind the fact that they use the M9A1 type rifle grenade as a 'standard' rifle grenade, but they should make it detonate on impact as it did in real. Also it's a HEAT charge which is of little interest to use against infantry.
What I do day to day: Photographer, vintage firearm collector, solutions engineer, play DOI.
(30-01-2017, 19:47)Iron Chef of Meth Wrote: ...First off, the M1917 American revolver is a double action pistol, that means you can pull the trigger and have the hammer be cocked back by doing so. Single action is when you cannot pull the trigger all the way back to cock the hammer and simultaneously fire, you have to cock the hammer back before you fire and after it is cocked back it is then ready to fire. In Day of Infamy, the developers made it into a single action revolver, which is a historical inaccuracy. The M1917 revolver was always double action even when it was used in World War 1....

To be fair, it's a double/single action revolver, and can be manually cocked for each shot, usually to take advantage of shorter trigger pull from a cocked hammer. 

In movies cocking a double action is usually done for dramatic effect as a threat, complete with loud clicking sounds.  In game, the animation shows it being cocked for each shot.  Possible, but unlikely in close quarters!

If they really wanted to get the M1917 revolver right, when it's fired without the "speedloader" (really two three round spring steel clips, very accurately portrayed in game) the spent casings should have to be plucked/poked out of each chamber one at a time, as the .45 ACP cartridge is rimless, and the extractor won't work without the clips.

That would involve a lot of work for a minor historical issue, so if it gets "fixed" I'll be amazed.

As to the US rifle grenades, spot on.  It would be nice to have the impact fused M17, or even the time fused adapter for the hand held frag, but a Garand with a launcher should only function as a straight pull bolt action with the launcher attached.  The shoot through/bullet trap launchers were introduced very late in the war.

Great game!

Since we are picking nits, the sights on the M-1 carbine should be the flip style, not the adjustable, and a magazine change on the Browning Automatic Rifle shouldn't require a pull on the charging handle unless the chamber is empty when the new mag is inserted.  A faster reload when switching mags before running dry would be a nice perk.

Haven't checked to see if the other magazine fed weapons act this way also.
Wouldn't the sights being adjustable depend on what year the M1 carbine was produced as later years did have adjustable sights? The early ones did not but the later ones did, plus they assembled them with what parts were available in the parts bin in front of them so we get a mixture of parts from different years mid war. Then we have the armorers who have to piece together damaged weapons from what they have as well so we get again a mixture of parts. Thank you for reading this.