sadly because of map-core the forums dont get used as much so I thought id give you guys some content. (Although not that much Big Grin) This map is supposed to be set on 22 June 1941 at a soviet border. The germans are to emerge from the woods (on the left side of the map) and gain control of the first point which is the border station. The second cap point will be somewhere in the town. Lastly, the final point will be either an old farmhouse/barn or a point in the woods (not sure which to go for yet)

The initial plan!

[Image: p2OBM3X.png]
[Image: WvAeTcd.jpg][Image: ZbzEi7G.jpg][Image: zvtzTLT.jpg][Image: 1ZDOy6J.jpg]
Looking good.  Heart
Cant wait to see your progression on this map.
man, I post updates too much! Big Grin
[Image: BufTyGP.jpg][Image: fuEnTbh.jpg][Image: k7JenAL.jpg][Image: PaUisa0.jpg][Image: xBmdQHR.jpg][Image: swdBDpK.jpg][Image: rcc3rTC.jpg][Image: RfMs06X.jpg][Image: j1wBtXK.jpg][Image: 3iKzg3F.jpg][Image: 1Hlaatk.jpg]
wow, looks pretty cool so far. I just see problems with visblocking. Maybe the road needs to turn left on a wide angle so the buildings are somewhat of a visblocking line from first third of map view? Or the last treeline of the woods toards the buildings is set on several hilltops, if that one helps as visblock (?). Just do me a favor, add some bushes, old wood on the floor in that woodenpart, so its NOT looking like current reichswald :p

That map also reminds me of that wintermap that was set in a norway, think it was ashton doing it?
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

Guessing what you're seeing here is the final objective for Allies?

Trouble with the town (the black boxes in the middle?), there will be so, so many areas for crossfire. Might be quite impossible for Allies to achieve this objective?

What's after the treeline, trenches?

I love this idea, and very realistic, you certainly know your stuff about map creation and WW2. Good job.

Also, would be cool to base the map on the layout of the place IRL! I must say, I like this!
Like the effort put into this so far!

Consider backdrop shades for both sides to avoid silhouettes (easy targets).

I) The area/edging of the map behind the treeline needs to be darkened or lined with tree texturing and consider;
II) The building textures need to be closer in colour to player uniforms so as to avoid them standing out too much from the forest based players

Equally, chuck in a load of vehicles or bushes to create no clear line of sight.

On to a solid map here.
(05-01-2017, 09:53)TUBBEH Wrote: Guessing what you're seeing here is the final objective for Allies?

Trouble with the town (the black boxes in the middle?), there will be so, so many areas for crossfire. Might be quite impossible for Allies to achieve this objective?

What's after the treeline, trenches?

I love this idea, and very realistic, you certainly know your stuff about map creation and WW2. Good job.

Also, would be cool to base the map on the layout of the place IRL! I must say, I like this!

Thanks both of you guys

actually, the germans spawn in the woods and attack the border checkpoint, then the town and finally the farm. 
the woods will have bushes, the town will have fences and vehicles. I want the game play to switch from open, to close quarters then back to more openy.

[Image: Xq1nGyW.jpg][Image: H1Imr5q.jpg][Image: X7wwlEw.jpg][Image: 3UPYKbg.jpg][Image: wv6cfQs.jpg]
[Image: X7ik5nP.jpg][Image: 4UobsTH.jpg][Image: H2SjIxO.jpg][Image: CUgCdvy.jpg][Image: iuJNPTT.jpg][Image: 3BSM5Ew.jpg][Image: ADmRagT.jpg][Image: 6cEEzpf.jpg]
Loving it. Great work! If you want a tester, I'm happy to assist.
Yep, can't wait to kill some germans on this map! Big Grin
Its been a while but hes an update!

[Image: SvDCP5V.jpg][Image: XrF2xeh.jpg][Image: j4tP9U7.jpg][Image: PtX4g4X.jpg][Image: c0LR6H7.jpg][Image: G7LtvyE.jpg][Image: 7ZA7Umu.jpg][Image: GW3XA9H.jpg][Image: 3bv9AXz.jpg][Image: 9tj0Ith.jpg][Image: iSQiyAZ.jpg]

thinking of doing a playtest soon, keep your eyes and ears open!
Coming along nicely. Looking forward to testing this Big Grin
looking really nice. when can we play test it? Wink