I know, it's not a source game but don't take away my crouch jump! And please don't add annoying climbing animations! Please don't include anything from typical modern AAA FPS titles that ruins intuitive movement and fluid gameplay. You know, like moving way to slow, knife kill animations and stuff like that. 

What I love about Insurgency and DoI is that it has the smoooothest and most intuitive movement ever! Seriously, the reason I don't like games like Red Orchestra 2 or ArmA is because movement in these games is clunky and counter-intuitive as hell! And I really wanted to like these games!

Oh and please don't make so enormously huge gun models that obscure a quarter of the screen like most modern FPS titles do. Oh and please leave the possibility to adjust the FOV. Playing below 90 degrees makes me sick and 110 degrees are perfect!

Sorry if I sound so demanding but these are some of the things that make Insurgency not just a great game but and EXCELLENT game!
i can agree with insurgency but not DoI...

Btw you earned yourself a rate up

edit:-
Rate button is broke
What's wrong with climbing animations and removing a crouch-jump gimmick? It's not intuitive it's just gimmicky for the latter, and as for the former, would you rather be able to do cheeky and unfair shots while climbing?
I still would rather see a turn sideways function.
I came, I saw, I got a the t-shirt. https://youtu.be/ZvTbweazjDA
(16-03-2017, 03:23)Blackout330 Wrote: What's wrong with climbing animations and removing a crouch-jump gimmick? It's not intuitive it's just gimmicky for the latter, and as for the former, would you rather be able to do cheeky and unfair shots while climbing?

Crouch jump is intuitive, actually.  These are two independent movements that can be done simultaneously.  You can jump from a crouch position, and you can crouch after jumping.

What's unintuitive is jumping a very short distance up, and being unable to raise your legs to clear a waist high wall.  Did you not play outside as a kid?

Now, if we want climbing, or scaling an object that is about shoulder height, what you're looking for is a prone-jump.  For taller objects, you're actually trying to throw as much of your body onto the high position as you can, and this is what prone is.

If we're still talking movement tweeks, pressing jump from prone should spring you up faster than normal, and prone to crouch has a moment where you stand up completely.  Valve NWI plz fix.
(19-03-2017, 03:41)Vulgarman Wrote:
(16-03-2017, 03:23)Blackout330 Wrote: What's wrong with climbing animations and removing a crouch-jump gimmick? It's not intuitive it's just gimmicky for the latter, and as for the former, would you rather be able to do cheeky and unfair shots while climbing?

Crouch jump is intuitive, actually.  These are two independent movements that can be done simultaneously.  You can jump from a crouch position, and you can crouch after jumping.

What's unintuitive is jumping a very short distance up, and being unable to raise your legs to clear a waist high wall.  Did you not play outside as a kid?

Now, if we want climbing, or scaling an object that is about shoulder height, what you're looking for is a prone-jump.  For taller objects, you're actually trying to throw as much of your body onto the high position as you can, and this is what prone is.

If we're still talking movement tweeks, pressing jump from prone should spring you up faster than normal, and prone to crouch has a moment where you stand up completely.  Valve NWI plz fix.

I really like your ideas! That would make gameplay even smoother, more intuitive and at the same time more skill based and we wouldn't have to deal with annoying gameplay interrupting animations that activate godmode for a short period of time. I hate it when games take away control from me.
I would very much want that the next Insurgency removes such "features" like crouch jumping.

I would also very much like the "vault" mechanic added, there is nothing in the game that jump crouch can do and vault can't.

Please remove Quake 3 Arena elements from a military simulator, thank you.
No crouch jump. Vault or GTFO Big Grin
Also, please, pretty please, NO GODLIKE vault animations. Please. Keep it simple. Standard animations + the option to immediately drop down from the wall when scaling higher walls (I am thinking of the situation when you start climbing, get your head up and see enemies - I would very much like to be able to drop immediately instead of having to follow up the animation and get myself killed.
(12-04-2017, 07:45)gornoviceanu Wrote: I would very much want that the next Insurgency removes such "features" like crouch jumping.

I would also very much like the "vault" mechanic added, there is nothing in the game that jump crouch can do and vault can't.

Please remove Quake 3 Arena elements from a military simulator, thank you.

Military....simulator........what...?

We are playing 2 veryyyyyyyyyyy different games my friend.
It's a modern infantry combat sim
@ Solusvod: but this is what this game is and strives to be.. I understand it is still a game but it is a game that is being developed into a certain direction where jumping isn't that useful as a feature or it's designed poorly. What I mean is this game hopes to "steer" their players into a tactical and realistic behavior in combat. The simple fact that an equipped soldier can run and perform a "circuit" of any known rush route the way they can now is steering people away from the whole point of the game. Being able to jump over objects no one would (some random table in front of your "rush path") is a significant part of this impulse to always be hasty, rush etc. not only at the start of the round but during the game as well. If it would be harder to just run freely around the map it would be great.

People don't fear dying in a video game, so something has to compensate for that to program "realistic" behavior in game, if that is the goal. Which I hope it still is Smile

So, the less such behavior in game, the better. At least that is my opinion.
(18-04-2017, 08:00)gornoviceanu Wrote: @ Solusvod: but this is what this game is and strives to be.. I understand it is still a game but it is a game that is being developed into a certain direction where jumping isn't that useful as a feature or it's designed poorly. What I mean is this game hopes to "steer" their players into a tactical and realistic behavior in combat. The simple fact that an equipped soldier can run and perform a "circuit" of any known rush route the way they can now is steering people away from the whole point of the game. Being able to jump over objects no one would (some random table in front of your "rush path") is a significant part of this impulse to always be hasty, rush etc. not only at the start of the round but during the game as well. If it would be harder to just run freely around the map it would be great.

People don't fear dying in a video game, so something has to compensate for that to program "realistic" behavior in game, if that is the goal. Which I hope it still is Smile

So, the less such behavior in game, the better. At least that is my opinion.

The game strives to be a military simulator? Yes, I suppose it tries to encourge tactical gameplay and realistic behavior but that if that makes a game a military simulator then any "military" game that encourages covering fire and flanking and other teamwork orientated behaviors would be called a military simulator. Call of Duty encourages tactical and realistic behavior. No one describes that as a military simulator and INS and CoD have more in common than INS and arma or squad or what have you.

Steering people away from the whole point of the game? Rushing a point as fast as possible has been an important part of pretty much every mode in this game since it came out. Speed is essential in pretty much every game mode in Insurgency, and I would hope it would stay the same in ISS. The "Impulse" to rush and be hasty is in every game. Just as the impulse to camp for all eternity and be useless to your team exists and still continues. 

The real issue I think that people have with an inclusion of mantling/vault etc is that they want to be able to stand ontop of things and control their movement. Walls, tables etc and they want to get onto a very specific point in the way they want, not to see some animation do it for them that every 1 in 10 times puts them in the wrong spot or bugs out. I happen to agree with this and really dont want NWI to include mantling in ISS or at least, if they do have it as limited an animation as possible and move you as little as possible. 

Lastly this game is not a military simulator in the vein of arma and calling it a military simulator generally makes people think of the game in relation to arma which its nothing like. It's a modern military FPS which has fast, tactical, semi close quarters gameplay focusing on area and map control on relatively small maps with low ttk.
Are you kidding me? Not a military simulator but tactical FPS. OK, cool, noted. I will remember that so I can avoid being nit picked on such a useless thing as a relative word. So tactical it is then. The game strives to be a TACTICAL military shooter.

So let me rephrase it: in a TACTICAL military game there is no place for a arcade-ish mechanic such as jumping. There is no point in keeping the jump mechanic as it is right now, unless you wish to steer the game towards arcade. You want to be able to prone on a ungrounded table and be able to shoot your AK full auto from that position? Well, I don't. First because it is physically impossible, and second because a thing I hate most in this game is corner rats hiding in spots no one in their right mind would use because it's a game "and people do not expect it"; most of these idiotic "camp" spots" are achieved by jumping, good riddance if you ask me. All this CoD stuff needs to go away from this game, if I wanted to play another theme park CoD shooter I would buy Battlefield, CoD, Battlefront.. but I buy Insurgency. Because of what it is and what it aims to be.

With almost every thing pro jumpers mention (like camping on top of a table) I am more and more convinced that vault instead of jump would do wonders in this game.

You said that INS has more in common with CoD than ARMA. I say that is wrong, but regardless, the very fact that some people seem to think this game resembles CoD more than ARMA is proof enough arcade stuff like jumping needs to go.

edit: also, with Unreal 4 engine Insurgency will have more open spaces available. The only reason they didn't do many open space maps is because Source was limiting them in some ways.
I think basically jumping is sort of an easy way to similate mantling and make it sort of realistic. Because you can cancel a jump. I don't know how mantling animations usually work, can you cancel them whenever and just fall back down?