Personally reading these three points together doesn't sit well with me for now:
  • Light vehicles for transportation and fire support
  • Expanded environment scale
  • Competitive Matchmaking

I liked the slower paced gameplay that insurgency always had to offer over other fps on the market. So naturally I found having longer games where players would sit tight compared to Call of Duty or Battlefield much more appealing.

Adding vehicles to the game could potentially break the immersion and balance if it isn't implemented correctly. This could ultimately lead to massive changes in gameplay which might not appeal to the current player base if vehicles are overpowered in the sense of speed, durability, fire power ect. Will taking a vehicle from the spawn point to get onto the objective being defended take away from enemy snipers being able to pick people off as they run onto the objective? Ultimately making it harder to hold out an objective if the defending or attacking team has a free run into enemy lines. Hopefully this isn't the case but it's always a possibility.

Increasing map sizes could be a good thing but it could also thin out the gameplay. What I mean by this is that having smaller maps with less objectives forces players to come together and can help build some tension in the gameplay. Look at BF1 for an example, in conquest, flags will be captured by one team, abandoned, captured by the other team and so on. Having players spread out could really take away (imo) from what I thought made Insurgency a great game. Yes insurgency isn't battlefield but I hope you can understand the general idea I'm coming from.

Lastly, does anyone know how scoring will work? If it's for example best of 3-5 full games compared to some sort of shorter round based system (such as in CSGO), could also change the pacing and style of gameplay. The amount of players being in a game could also heavenly influence how it's played.

This is my opinion on the news we have just received. I'm sure many will disagree with me so I'd like to hear what you think and hopefully start a good discussion. I have faith that New World Interactive know what they're doing and will release a killer game. I can't wait for the competitive game mode and ranking system either. I just hope that they don't lose sight of what made Insurgency such a great game.

I'll finish off my last point on how the map size and vehicles may not mix well in a competitive scene tomorrow. I haven't written a deeply about any topic but if you would like to know more than I happy to have a discussion with you. For now I must go to sleep!
Lets hope the don't scrap Tacticool game modes like they did on DoI, or I will scream like a 4 year old being domestically abused Sad

EDIT:- Yes, and I totally agree, Please DEVs don't ruin this
I totally agree with you Rasta!
(09-02-2017, 09:35)SovietSpaghetti Wrote: Lets hope the don't scrap Tacticool game modes like they did on DoI, or I will scream like a 4 year old being domestically abused Sad

EDIT:-  Yes, and I totally agree, Please DEVs don't ruin this

Which tacticool game mode did they scrap in DOI?
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

well considering DOI was originally a mod for insurgency, and built off insurgency I'm hoping they don't take away the Firefight, Ambush and Elimination game modes...
Tough one this. I remember CoD:UO had a small vehicles (jeep or two but that was it)It didn't do much harm there.

I remember reading some of the code for CoD [email protected] and saw a few lines regarding Jeeps and assumed it may be released as uber expensive DLC later on (which is wasn't, thank gawd!)

A small Technical for the insurgents and a Snatch Landy for the Security would be all I reckon, a one spawn per round deal. The map scales are good enough to support that. Nothing more though really.
Map & Weapon Stress Tester - Tactical Enthusiast
Tbh I always wished for these things since I first played the mod Big Grin. I think it can work really well, and does not exclude the ability to have the current style of maps.
[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
What about a tank or tank/antitank map that limits what character can spawn in as? I wish the tanks in H&G were more realistic. Thanks!
(09-02-2017, 09:26)Rasta Mouse Wrote: Personally reading these three points together doesn't sit well with me for now:
  • Light vehicles for transportation and fire support
  • Expanded environment scale
  • Competitive Matchmaking

I liked the slower paced gameplay that insurgency always had to offer over other fps on the market. So naturally I found having longer games where players would sit tight compared to Call of Duty or Battlefield much more appealing.

Adding vehicles to the game could potentially break the immersion and balance if it isn't implemented correctly. This could ultimately lead to massive changes in gameplay which might not appeal to the current player base if vehicles are overpowered in the sense of speed, durability, fire power ect. Will taking a vehicle from the spawn point to get onto the objective being defended take away from enemy snipers being able to pick people off as they run onto the objective? Ultimately making it harder to hold out an objective if the defending or attacking team has a free run into enemy lines. Hopefully this isn't the case but it's always a possibility.

Increasing map sizes could be a good thing but it could also thin out the gameplay. What I mean by this is that having smaller maps with less objectives forces players to come together and can help build some tension in the gameplay. Look at BF1 for an example, in conquest, flags will be captured by one team, abandoned, captured by the other team and so on. Having players spread out could really take away (imo) from what I thought made Insurgency a great game. Yes insurgency isn't battlefield but I hope you can understand the general idea I'm coming from.

Lastly, does anyone know how scoring will work? If it's for example best of 3-5 full games compared to some sort of shorter round based system (such as in CSGO), could also change the pacing and style of gameplay. The amount of players being in a game could also heavenly influence how it's played.

This is my opinion on the news we have just received. I'm sure many will disagree with me so I'd like to hear what you think and hopefully start a good discussion. I have faith that New World Interactive know what they're doing and will release a killer game. I can't wait for the competitive game mode and ranking system either. I just hope that they don't lose sight of what made Insurgency such a great game.

I'll finish off my last point on how the map size and vehicles may not mix well in a competitive scene tomorrow. I haven't written a deeply about any topic but if you would like to know more than I happy to have a discussion with you. For now I must go to sleep!

Vehicles in my Insurgency?? Ewwwwwwwwwww. Plus the expanded maps etc, Im not really a fan of that route. Give me brutal, fast paced, city housed infantry combat. Dont give me open valley camping on hill that a humvee took 3 minutes to get to. Your points on this regard I agree with.

For competitive let me help you out. This is my assumption but I only make this based on the fact that I assumeeeeee NWI arnt stupid. 

Competitive will be capped out at around 5-6 players per team. More and teams become unwieldy, less and...well...its too small lol. Maps will also be smaller to accomodate this play. There will not be vehicles in competitive, no fucking way. It would be stupid. Why force a team to drive to a point of engagement when you can just have them running there on a smaller map. Also NWI have already confirmed that vehicles will have their own seperate game mode/maps, no reason to bring them into a competitive setting. I dont know if you have experienced much of the competitive environment in the current iteration of the game but it is completely different to the public experience that many players know. It is very fast paced and requires alot of teamwork and communication to be an effective team (obviously) something which is very unnatural to most pub players. The biggest challenge to NWI will be the creation of GOOD maps to play (read not embassy) but the absolute, most important thing, is going to be an effective matchmaking or at least ranking system. Some way that well seperate players out, and prevent new players from being roflstomped by experienced ones.

My greatest fear is that NWI in ISS changes the movement system and combat and effectively "ARMAfies" the game.