Not sure where else to post this - apologies up front if this belongs elsewhere.  I tried searching a bit for this issue but couldn't find anything (and kept hitting the 30 second search limit...).

I just picked up Day of Infamy and have a couple of hours in so far.

I think having the German team dialog in German is basically useless.  I played a lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2, and I always hated playing as the Russian side because the radio chatter was entirely worthless to me.  As the US forces, you would get notifications when the enemy was taking the point or whatever, and it provided a lot of value.

I've played a fair amount of Insurgency and thought the "accent" method of handling this issue was perfect - still in English but obviously not being spoken by the "Americans".  This makes the notifications worthwhile and still provides some context and setting.

As it is, you have to look at the text scroll to hope you catch whatever is being said (calling for radio, etc).  I think this distracts from the realism since actual soldiers would communicate primarily verbally during this period.  I agree that German soldiers probably spoke a lot of German during WWII, so in that sense it's very realistic. But from a user's perspective it doesn't provide any value to me, and actually detracts from the immersion since I'm not getting information the way I'm expecting it.

Since the German voice work is obviously already done, I think it would be a huge benefit to have an option to either keep the dialog in German or have it in English with a German accent.
I'd just like subtitles for the germans. thats it. something that at the bottom of the screen that translates every major piece of dialog
I personally don't have any problems with the german voices, since I can understand some german, but I think an option to choose english with a german option would be a great addition to the game for people who don't know german.

(04-01-2017, 12:59)The_Amish Wrote: I'd just like subtitles for the germans. thats it. something that at the bottom of the screen that translates every major piece of dialog

This is not a real solution in my opinion, having to take your eyes off where you're aiming at would mean you'd die a lot easier in the heat of battle.
I really love Germans actually speaking german in DOI. Hated Insurgency for their weird Insurgent accent.

The subtitle is good idea/way for new players to get the grip, after few hours of gaming you should know the most common phrases anyway. Let the people learn something from playing a fps Smile
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

Subtitles are alright, but eventually you'll get the hang of it anyway.