Like CSGO, so you guys can make some more cash in future years. How about being able to purchase or allow users to customize the following items...

1. Guns for a charge using steam credit adding engravings. Not allowing users to create their own (there will always be one who will draw a ****).

2. Also, allowing users to customise kit; badges or drawing in market pen or paint on the back of jackets or whatever.

3. Character customization, allowing users to go like the "Filthy Thirteen" adding mohawks, face paint etc, etc.

Just a thought, we all know in WW2 the Americans often got bored waiting up and passed their time by adding personal touches to their items so they stood out and people knew who's it was or who they were. So, is accurate and gives you guys chance to get more money for dev to make the game better going forward.

Second way of looking at this, in WW2 not everyone had customized kit (regardless of side, it was only a few individuals who did it). Maybe something written on their helmet if American or British and that's it. Germans never had anything customized really (from what I know), their side had strict rules over kit.

Not everyone as they didn't want to draw attention to themselves and act as a "pick" for the opposition.

Anyway, just an idea for revenue to keep the game dev going as I don't want dev work to stop on this game for some time as it's being molded into something that WILL become awesome.

Thanks, and good luck!
I'd say no. It's not really a good fit for the game, it wrecks immersion, makes identifying targets harder, and brings no real benefit that can't already be done via Workshop.
(06-12-2016, 15:36)jballou Wrote: I'd say no. It's not really a good fit for the game, it wrecks immersion, makes identifying targets harder, and brings no real benefit that can't already be done via Workshop.

exactly this
aesthetic stuff goes to the workshop.
Thanks guys, you've shattered my dreams! Sad
(08-12-2016, 08:52)TUBBEH Wrote: Thanks guys, you've shattered my dreams! Sad

Big Grin but I honestly think DOI has no place for dev made customization. altho, I do want to shoot people with golden mp40s

[Image: 1*9Z7FoawG-YSzgEJrNNpqyw.png]
I would love to see the ability to personalize your character, with different headdresses, patches or ranks. This would be much appreciated by the realism community as it would let each realism unit differ from eachother. Rather then just be a generic US soldier. The realism unit I am with is known as the blackwatch and most guys would love to add kilts to character models or to have a balmoral with a red hackle instead of a standard Brodie helmet. Weapon wise, I would think it would be much appreciated to see fixable bayonets instead of spending points to fix one that just replaces your knife. In my eyes it would make more sense for your character to be able to attach the bayonet at will. 

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1345.JPG (Size: 14.39 KB / Downloads: 2)