I really can't get back into insurgency after the update with armor and ambush etc.
It has gone from a super fun, high intensity shooter - where the moment that you got shot at you either died instantly or got lucky in the fact they missed.
Those days are gone now. Now I can get the drop on someone with armor, fill them with bullets only to have them turn around and nail me once. You can no longer play with a lighter class, or pistol only etc which was half of the fun.
Competitive play is ruined for me now, not only because of the change in damage modeling (Which is bad) but also the inventory system is terrible.
It's super one sided to security forces in my opinion and the fact that pistols can't even get AP means they're obsolete as armor might as well be an M1 abrams coming round the corner in ministry...
The game modes are also terrible. Ambush is a joke, being way too reliant on the competence of one team member. Skirmish is pretty poor too, with way too many objectives for a 5 man team to all manage without taking away the intensity of those old firefight matches. The maps all added also takes away from the game too, with half of them not very adapted to the 5v5 game mode resulting in one sided matches or just generally very poor rounds.
The number of wins to complete a game also just makes the 5v5s feel rushed and adds loading time to the game play which isn't needed and disrupts the quickfire game play that competitive brought originally. It stops matches from being as balanced as there is not time for comebacks or people to swap sides, also making the games less enjoyable.
EDIT: ALSSSOOOO! In what god damn world does an m16 equal an SKS? On what earth is that a fair, balanced fight? Seriously. The heck?

Generally it is generally enjoyable to me now. I still do well in the matches, so you can't accuse me of being salty. I certainly don't do as well, but I'm fine with how I do. It is no longer a fun experience to play due to the game mechanics being utter poop, to put it politely.
Easy kemo sabe
I came, I saw, I got a the t-shirt. https://youtu.be/ZvTbweazjDA
(26-11-2016, 16:38)Henry Wrote: I really can't get back into insurgency after the update with armor and ambush etc.
It has gone from a super fun, high intensity shooter - where the moment that you got shot at you either died instantly or got lucky in the fact they missed.
Those days are gone now. Now I can get the drop on someone with armor, fill them with bullets only to have them turn around and nail me once. You can no longer play with a lighter class, or pistol only etc which was half of the fun.
Competitive play is ruined for me now, not only because of the change in damage modeling (Which is bad) but also the inventory system is terrible.
It's super one sided to security forces in my opinion and the fact that pistols can't even get AP means they're obsolete as armor might as well be an M1 abrams coming round the corner in ministry...
The game modes are also terrible. Ambush is a joke, being way too reliant on the competence of one team member. Skirmish is pretty poor too, with way too many objectives for a 5 man team to all manage without taking away the intensity of those old firefight matches. The maps all added also takes away from the game too, with half of them not very adapted to the 5v5 game mode resulting in one sided matches or just generally very poor rounds.
The number of wins to complete a game also just makes the 5v5s feel rushed and adds loading time to the game play which isn't needed and disrupts the quickfire game play that competitive brought originally. It stops matches from being as balanced as there is not time for comebacks or people to swap sides, also making the games less enjoyable.
EDIT: ALSSSOOOO! In what god damn world does an m16 equal an SKS? On what earth is that a fair, balanced fight? Seriously. The heck?

Generally it is generally enjoyable to me now. I still do well in the matches, so you can't accuse me of being salty. I certainly don't do as well, but I'm fine with how I do. It is no longer a fun experience to play due to the game mechanics being utter poop, to put it politely.
You just got spoiled by DOI :p