Having been with this game since the beginning, I would like to take a moment to say that I love both the game and developers for making this gem. Every update is great and makes the game better. And I participated in most of the beta tests and you NWI guys are really nice. Plus the game helped me get through a personal situation at the start of September, and I'm grateful for that. Anyway, I want to ask you something. How seriously do you consider weapon requests? I've come to the conclusion that very little weapons need to be added now, apart from the weapons currently in beta. But people still make requests on the steam forums, like the ZB26, the M30 drilling rifle, the Trenchgun, the P14, to name a few. Have you considered these weapons, and if you have, what are your opinions on them. I don't think there is a place in game for them, apart from maybe the trench gun. Thank you for your time and responses. And your game.
I'm not a dev but I'd like to chime in what I saw when the DOI British component was but a mod in development called Mud and Blood.
The devs said that they wanted to add in weapons never seen before such as the Sten Mk V, the M30 Drilling and the De Lisle Carbine. And as TKaza said, the Boys was considered as well.

But when they merged to form DOI today some of the original concepts were discarded in favour is promoting a vision that NWI sees. Which I believe to be a stance more grounded in realism from what I infer.

I'm not the best source though, sorry Sad
(25-10-2016, 12:30)Blackout330 Wrote: I'm not a dev but I'd like to chime in what I saw when the DOI British component was but a mod in development called Mud and Blood.
The devs said that they wanted to add in weapons never seen before such as the Sten Mk V, the M30 Drilling and the De Lisle Carbine. And as TKaza said, the Boys was considered as well.

But when they merged to form DOI today some of the original concepts were discarded in favour is promoting a vision that NWI sees. Which I believe to be a stance more grounded in realism from what I infer.

Basically If you make a really good mod, im sure they'll add it with cooperation. but of course thats no guarantee.
Thank you for the reply.
Aye, I've seen the Mud and blood concepts as well. I think it's better that the game is more grounded in realism rather then having NWI add every weapon that was ever used in WW2. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Too many weapons bugger the balance. I think the game has reached a point of being both asymmetrical and balanced at the same time. Every faction and weapon has advantages and disadvantages. For example, the Commonwealth only has one bolt-action rifle, but the Lee-Enfield is as good as a semi-auto, except much cheaper. I like the asymmetry, it makes every faction unique and makes the game more realistic, in a way. But some people on the steam forums feel that this asymmetry equates to, and I quote, "But i want factions to be unbalanced and have unfair advantages over each other!" Which means adding more and more weapons and stuff so that every faction is the same. I.E WP grenades for US/Axis, Belt fed MG for British (Vickers I feel doesn't fit into gameplay due its design), British need another sniper, Germans need a shotgun even though the C96 Carbine fills the role of a CQB weapon, Boys because it *clearly* would be a better alternative to the PIAT, and the most recent one, German support class should get a ZB26 because they don't have a Bren/BAR equivalent. Even though they forget the StG44 does the job much better job then the ZB, the Bren, or the BAR. Most the time, these threads become a flame war. So I wanted to ask the devs if they read the requests, and if so, do they consider them.

(25-10-2016, 15:05)The_Amish Wrote:
(25-10-2016, 12:30)Blackout330 Wrote: I'm not a dev but I'd like to chime in what I saw when the DOI British component was but a mod in development called Mud and Blood.

Basically If you make a really good mod, im sure they'll add it with cooperation. but of course thats no guarantee.
That is a good idea. Except most people on the steam forums won't consider this option, or don't know how to model, opting instead for making the developers model and create somewhat useless and unnecessary weapons, like the M30 Drilling rifle.

I should also probably mention, there is a poll at the moment that asks if people want the ZB26 in game. I'm also wondering if the devs know about this, and if they do, will they respond to the poll?
My impression of the community is that they're lazy and refuse to learn to mod it themselves, especially when some of the stuff are readily available  [I'd expect you to be able to get Verdun's M1917 Enfield, Kar98AZ, G98 and SMLE Mk III easily with Disunity, but releasing it to the public is another issue], and rather leave everything to the devs.

At least one person has taken the job of making his own faction rather than whining about it, you know him too, Ashton the main man, and he's also a fan of realism too so I am hyped as heck.

Meanwhile we've been split into trolls-who-should-go-back-to-COD2-cos-we-disagree-with-an-opinion and people who want to add everything under the sky.
(25-10-2016, 22:06)Blackout330 Wrote: My impression of the community is that they're lazy and refuse to learn to mod it themselves, especially when some of the stuff are readily available  [I'd expect you to be able to get Verdun's M1917 Enfield, Kar98AZ, G98 and SMLE Mk III easily with Disunity, but releasing it to the public is another issue], and rather leave everything to the devs.

At least one person has taken the job of making his own faction rather than whining about it, you know him too, Ashton the main man, and he's also a fan of realism too so I am hyped as heck.

Meanwhile we've been split into trolls-who-should-go-back-to-COD2-cos-we-disagree-with-an-opinion and people who want to add everything under the sky.

Yep, that's the situation. Refuseing to do it themselves, and insulting people who don't wish to add every single weapon that ever saw action, or in some cases, inaction, like the Johnson rifle, in WW2.
I have Ashton on my Steam Friends list, he's a nice guy, and his Norwegian mod looks cool. He also agrees with my view on "less weapons, more asymmetry."