"On April 9th 1940 the German military launched Operation Weserübung. The goal was to quickly invade and take control over the two Scandinavian nations Denmark and Norway. When it comes to Denmark, the invasion went as the Germans expected; The danish military surrendered in just 4 hours, making it the quickest one of all their invasions of the European countries. Norway was a completely different case however; Even though the Norwegian military was suffering from lack of equipment, training and men, it really packed a punch. Good morale in the Norwegian ranks with the addition of horrible weather and terrain made the actual country a nightmare to completely invade."

[Image: j05f8TU.png]

This is a project I've been working on for a few weeks now, and the ultimate goal is to add the Norwegian Army as a playable faction in Day of Infamy, in shape of a mod. Historically correct weapons, equipment, uniforms and voice acting are some things that have to be made in order to portray the invasion in correct fashion. On the MoDDb page found above you can see the motivation behind the project, some detailed goals, and what's already been made for the project.

I will probably mainly use the MoDDb page to post updates, so make sure to follow that page if you're interested  Smile This topic will probably be used for smaller updates and work-in-progress stuff that isnt quite as important to warrant a full update on the MoDDb page. 

Hopefully you'll find this project interesting, and remember to spread the word about it if you can! Getting a wider audience is always great! 
This and the Finnish front mod I've been seeing are intriguing, definitely interested in seeing where you go with this. All the more so, since I'd wager a majority of Americans have no understanding of the complex Scandinavian situation around the larger war. Although, this one turns out a little less happy than the Finns fared.
(19-09-2016, 14:14)jballou Wrote: This and the Finnish front mod I've been seeing are intriguing, definitely interested in seeing where you go with this. All the more so, since I'd wager a majority of Americans have no understanding of the complex Scandinavian situation around the larger war. Although, this one turns out a little less happy than the Finns fared.

You nailed my intention of why I'm making this project! Spreading knowledge about a pretty unknown but very interesting chapter of the war is certainly the ultimate goal. 

The asymmetry between the Norwegian and German military makes for a very interesting scenario too, one of them being a largely outdated military force suffering from years of budget cuts, while the other is the mightiest military in the whole world. Makes you wonder how we even managed to hold out for a whole two months to be honest!
(20-09-2016, 12:38)ashton93 Wrote: You nailed my intention of why I'm making this project! Spreading knowledge about a pretty unknown but very interesting chapter of the war is certainly the ultimate goal. 

The asymmetry between the Norwegian and German military makes for a very interesting scenario too, one of them being a largely outdated military force suffering from years of budget cuts, while the other is the mightiest military in the whole world. Makes you wonder how we even managed to hold out for a whole two months to be honest!

Well to be fair the Finnish also held on tight af despite being hung out to dry by allies Big Grin
(21-09-2016, 11:34)Blackout330 Wrote:
(20-09-2016, 12:38)ashton93 Wrote: You nailed my intention of why I'm making this project! Spreading knowledge about a pretty unknown but very interesting chapter of the war is certainly the ultimate goal. 

Well to be fair the Finnish also held on tight af despite being hung out to dry by allies Big Grin

Was that before or after they allied with the krauts? Tongue
I make maps
Remagen
Saints
Vire
Vierville
Before. They were attacked by Soviets. Put up a huge fight and the Soviets had to declare a treaty with them but the Fins still lost quite some land. So they joined Germany to give them hell.
Here's another new smaller news update I posted on MoDDb. It goes over two weapons that will be available for the Norwegian faction;

http://www.moddb.com/mods/severe-defianc...y-1940/new

Incase you're not interested in reading the article, here's two renders of the weapons.

[Image: render_bergmann.png]

[Image: render_colt.png]

And here's a newly set up Facebook page for the project, I'll be posting information about progress there, but also give some historical information regarding the real 62-day conflict that happened back in 1940.

https://www.facebook.com/SevereDefiance1940/
Whats the status of this mod ashton?