Quote:All you have to do is just replace the existing model for the attachments;

Anyways I added an E-mag since there was a smoothing error on the ACR mag that I couldn't seem to fix and this time I added some more geo to the sights peep hole;

[Image: bb9b0e9d46.jpg]

Just need to round out that front sight a little more...

So each weapon uses its own distinct copies of the attachment models? That would explain how the AKM used to have it's kobra attached to the rear sight block. I was under the impression attachment meshes were universal.

The E mag looks much better in my opinon, the smoothing errors on the ACR ones did look funky. Loving the quick release Eotech, but geeze that rear aperture is still seriously obstructive. 
Well certain attachments are universal to a point so you would have to check the theater files to see if the AK uses it's own rail model.

[Image: XKIdprr.jpg]
Quote:Well certain attachments are universal to a point so you would have to check the theater files to see if the AK uses it's own rail model.

Pretty sure it does. I'll poke around in the theatre configs, still trying to get the hang of that system. Cheers Brightside.
This is an awesome idea. And the work so far is very high quality, very excited for this. Although it would make more sense for this to replace the MK18 though not M16a4. Can you port this for the MK18 also? 

[Image: omni_sig_2014.jpg]

I was actually thinking that, wouldn't be a problem at all.

cant wait to see the finished product!

Mate. This is fantastic. Any chance of getting a HK 416 or HK417 in game?

I hope this mod will become official content!
Quote: Although it would make more sense for this to replace the MK18 though not M16a4. Can you port this for the MK18 also?
I'd considered suggesting the Mk18 as well - but dosn't it have a fairly restricted effective range in game? I've barley ever used it, but the description only states it as effective out to 100m. The ACR has a 16inch barrel if I remember correctly.

I maintain that, giving it some unique values under Gnalvls mod would be the best option.
I was gonna shorten the barrel to make it a more CQB looking carbine

Oh wow, this looks far too good, I expected CS GO Scar or something, but this is so much better.

Can't wait to install it.

[Image: aa16214abe.jpg]

All attachments have been added, the PEQ-12 is a permanent fixture on the ACR, the default model is inside that PEQ box. I did this because by default it's a barrel clamp laser and with such a short barrel, and all those rails, it would look stupid.

All animations are pretty much done, I just need to modify the required ones for the foregrip, fix up some bugs with other animations and align the scope irons and it'll be good Smile

Looks great Brightside, I really like how you've managed to match the Insurgency pallete. That worn, bleached look. 

It'd be neat if we could get a version without the PEQ, even if it meant having a disembodied laser. The PEQ does look a little over the top...

[Image: ef073074ca.jpg]

This is now a replacement for the MK18 btw
awesome work. cant wait to use it. 

[Image: omni_sig_2014.jpg]

So, little update on this ACR (still no video)

[Image: a7727e3669.jpg]

Some bugs with the foregrip animations, devs if you're reading this I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to use deltas for foregrip sequences, let a lone ironsight animations. The down animation is bugged, the iron fireselect is bugged and the other foregrip animations just have that left hand slide all over the place, even in the defaults.

It seems un-fixable, trying the best I can but it doesn't look good. In the end I might just say screw it and not even have "foregrip" animations, cause this is just rediculous.

[Image: 378f764322.png]

So yea, everything is working perfectly besides the foregrip crap. Got some help from Drew, who is one of the 3D artists for this game, let me peak at the QC file used for the MK18 so I followed that example and yea, still breaks.

Now with all that I'm assuming the "delta_foregrip" sequence is just the idle sequence set to hold a foregrip, exported on 1 frame (just like the ironsight sequences). If not then that might be what's going on, not sure. Devs if you could shed some light on that that would be great.