Hi there,
I play over 20 years now shooter and i was woundering why they are so damn static. Hopefully u can bring a change into this.

1.Realistic Weather System
Modern Shooters have no Weather it is always a sunny Day, how boring! But Weather change the feel and look, the tactics and entire atmosphere of a Game.

Implement a dynamic Weather System with dynamic changes.
Example: Map starts rainy turns into cloudy, then the clouds break open and the sun comes out.
This is only one example but the idea of this system is that you can chose between dynamic weather with different weather options or random weather and the oldschool static way.

2. Realistic Day/Night cycle
Same problem with the Day/Night in modern Shooter, it is only Day or only Night. But you have the chance to change the boring oldschool static system.

Implement a dynamic Day&Night Cycle system with smooth transitions. (maybe 20min are 8 hours)
Example: Map starts at late night turns into morning and ends in highnoon.
Admin can chose between static or dynamic.

Idea 1 + 2 brings much more immersion, atmosphere and deepness into a Shooter.

3.Random Object Placer / Random House Builder
Maps have the Problem that they getting boring after long time of playing. Players knows how to walk, where to sit and wait and so on....Break the boredom!

With a Random Object Placer & a Random House Builder the Maps getting less boring because the Changes, change the Gameplay and breaks the trained ways of people acting.
Examples:
Ways - set Objects in the way so that sometimes ways are blocked and sometimes open.
Objects - Objects are most of the time used as Cover. Random placement will change the cover places on a map.
Houses - A House is a Object with Walls, Doors and Windows. Make them variable! Sometimes the door is closed, sometimes open. Sometimes there is a window in the Wall, sometimes not.
Sometimes the Wall is broken to enter or to shoot out, sometimes not.

Thx for reading
YES1!
weather: i guess it's okay, but asking for a game to turn from sunny to rainy or whatever is pretty stupid. rain from start to end, you want dynamic weather in a multiplayer game, go play BF1.

day/night: um...why? we have daytime maps and nighttime maps, you expect it to turn from day to night in, what, 10, 20 minutes? that's just stupid.

random map builder: ill assume what youre asking for is random dice rolls for certain things to happen to a map, like a wall that's standing if you roll one way and destroyed if the other or something. it's not bad, but i'd personally rather have maps that stay the same all the time to develop tactics instead of relying on pathways that might or might not be open.
[Image: QgEMw04.jpg]
Maybe the implementation of a random weather-set for each map could be easy(er) job for the Devs and a pretty good feature -mainly for the looks and some play with the visibility-
Hoping for a sandstorm!  

I would really like to see little details kinda like easter eggs but not real easter eggs. just things like shimmering heat waves, little whirlwinds, kinda like the newspapers and stuff already in the game I guess.  Maybe somewhat random animal appearances too like dogs and birds.  even some civilian/local people hiding in some places would give a better atmosphere to certain maps.  road and air traffic would also.  I would like to hear ambient radio chatter if it's good.  

I kind of agree with the shotgun ryder, we have daytime and nighttime maps so that's good.  maybe corpses of animals.  How about more vegetation? Would it be too difficult to make for gameplay?

RAINING MAPS1!
AIRDROPPED FLARES ON NIGHTMAPS!1!
THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!!!23525
[
[
[
[
HURRRRRICAAAANE MAAAAAAAPSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is public really so much fun? :p
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

(11-06-2016, 23:21)DaGolem Wrote: 3.Random Object Placer / Random House Builder
Maps have the Problem that they getting boring after long time of playing. Players knows how to walk, where to sit and wait and so on....Break the boredom!

Random objects sound logical. Insurgency, after all, was created to be a tactical game, forcing the player to move as a team. This kind of change may push the players to communicate more.

However, dynamic weather i think is too much to ask for in source engine.
Second Part of my wishlist

1. Reloadtime
Make a faster reloadtime, i am much faster then the reloadtime ingame.
Insurgency reload time is so damn slow that my Grandpa is faster then this arthritis plagued charakters ingame. Big Grin

2. Optional -> Realistic Injury System + Medic
Serveradmin can choose. Server shows a Red Chross on white bottom in the Serverlist.
This means this server has Medics and a realistic injury system on.
(Medic works well on sernix server and it is alot of fun with the dragsystem!)

3.More Options for Serveradmins in Coop

Serversettings Gamode:
Checkpoint On/Off
Hunt On/Off
Survival On/Off
and so on and on

Time per Checkpoint [XXmin:XXsec]

AI-> X-XXX per Checkpoint
AI-> Casual, Normal,Brutal, Insane

Checkpoint CounterAttack:
On/Off or coincidence
Counter Attack Time [XXmin:XXsec]
AI [XX or XXX] per Wave
AI next Wave  in [XX or XXX sec]

Last Checkpoint MasterCounterAttack:
On/Off
Counter Attack Time [XXmin:XXsec]
AI [XX or XXX] per Wave
AI next Wave  in [XX or XXX sec]

Available Playerspawn per Checkpoint [X-XX] or endless
Playerspawn Time: [XXmin:XXsec]

Gamingslots 1-24

Idle Player kick at [XX or XXX sec]
I like the medic and real injury idea. Could be fun and bring a new level to tactical play.

I would like to see smarter AI on Coop games and even in the story mode (some random person hinted at).

Reload time, in my opinion should stay the same. Unless it is faster when you are in the clear and slower while being suppressed or out of breath. You know, in a panic. Speaking of out of breath, I don't think it makes a big enough impact in the game at the moment. Even during the tutorial my aim was not that bad bad after that little running bit. May be have a look at that (take a hint from ArmA).

And lastly, may I please get the game for free soon as it comes out?
I love the idea of random cover emplacements so much. There would have to be an algorithm so that each team's side of the map has the same "point value" of cover. For instance, each side would have similar levels of "paper-thin cover," impenetrable cover, and so on.

I think this is actually a key point that makes a milsim more like a milsim. Basically, "rushing" or run and gun, aggressive, and flank-based gameplay is a symptom of map knowledge. If you know all of the power positions, flank routes, and so on beforehand, then it opens up the possibility to run and gun (having bad competition also helps). I personally would really like to see something like random cover to deter those kinds of "gamey" interactions, but I think the Insurgency team wants their game to be a mixture of milsim and e-sports, and that's okay too.
I want to add a suggestion.

A quickkey to check how many rounds are left. similar to a reload. Maybe a rough estimate like, over/ under half or 3/4 1/4

And maybe a bit of information on guns, at least shot capacity.
What about destructible environments?
(15-06-2016, 11:16)Stunner Wrote: Hoping for a sandstorm!  

I would really like to see little details kinda like easter eggs but not real easter eggs. just things like shimmering heat waves, little whirlwinds, kinda like the newspapers and stuff already in the game I guess.  Maybe somewhat random animal appearances too like dogs and birds.  even some civilian/local people hiding in some places would give a better atmosphere to certain maps.  road and air traffic would also.  I would like to hear ambient radio chatter if it's good.  

I kind of agree with the shotgun ryder, we have daytime and nighttime maps so that's good.  maybe corpses of animals.  How about more vegetation? Would it be too difficult to make for gameplay?

RAINING MAPS1!
[
[
[
[

Easter eggs could be a realistic touch as we would go scavenging all the time.  We would look for weapons, literally, or food.  Chicken eggs were a real treat.  I once looted a dead daesh for a swiss roll and a can of beans.  Bits of clothing are good also.  Boots or coats.  I once found a ghillies suit in Shaddadi.
(10-02-2017, 15:17)Hanna Bohman YPJ Wrote:
(15-06-2016, 11:16)Stunner Wrote: Hoping for a sandstorm!  

RAINING MAPS1!
[
[
[
[

Easter eggs could be a realistic touch as we would go scavenging all the time.  We would look for weapons, literally, or food.  Chicken eggs were a real treat.  I once looted a dead daesh for a swiss roll and a can of beans.  Bits of clothing are good also.  Boots or coats.  I once found a ghillies suit in Shaddadi.

That's cool.  A ghillies suit would be epic. ggg
#1 Pls no. I dont want my FPS raped because the game decides to start raining. Obscure my vision? Cool. Suddenly an intense firefight match turns into a camp fest.

#2 Night maps are already **** in insurgency and barely played. This game (hopefully) isnt going to become squad or arma, but it seems like it is. Rounds most likely arnt going to be long enough to justify a switch like that.

#3 You know whats cool? Randomness. Also that sort of implies a large open map, because other wise a new random city map every game would get really old really fast.

#4 Reload time already hovers around 3-3.2 seconds per weapon. We arnt super 1337 commandos here. Suddenly everyone has slight of hand pro!

#5 This is already a plugin on some servers but I dont think they will implement it as it was suggested for this game but I believe the reply was something along the lines of "if you get shot, sure you may not die but ur down and out of the fight and not capable of continuing. Getting killed doesn't necessarily simulate death as much as it does being injured enough to be ineffective.

#6 I feel like that stuff should be editable now, if it isnt that is disappointing.