Hi All, 

Earlier today GameBanana announced that we are partnering with New World Interactive and hardware giant Razer to launch the Official 2014 Insurgency mapping contest!

Participants will have 8 weeks from June 25 through August 20, to create, test, and upload their original creations to GameBanana.com., after which entries will be judged by both GameBanana staff and the games creators, New World Interactive.

We've got over $5,000 worth of cash and hardware to give away! With the winning submission taking home $1,000 cash, a top of the line Razer Blade Gaming Laptop, loads of Razer merchandise, AND have the honor of having their map included in game as an official part of Insurgency!

Full details about the contest can be found here: GameBanana.com/contests/48

As well as this contest, New World Interactive will be producing a special series of blogs and tutorials detailing the stages and skills involved with developing a map for Insurgency.

We hope to see as many of you participating as possible, and wish you all the best of luck!

GameBannana

[Image: v1t.jpg]

This is great news!  It should surely help the community grow.  Just don't look to see many maps released in the near future, everyone will be perfecting them for the contest.

[Image: mike.gif]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]
In case someone is looking for the same detailed rule I was: "Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this contest can be entered, provided a completed version has not been released for public download."

Not 100% sure what "completed" means though Tongue.

[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
I was wondering about that myself.  I emailed the marketing director who posted the contest and asked if beta versions count.    It sucks that I can't enter my Anbar map.

Hi all, 

The Insurgency teams stance on this is that "it is okay for currently WIP maps to enter the contest." Unless your map was publicly available in a "complete" or "final" stage then it should be fine.  We will count alpha / beta versions as "work in progress".

Cheers,

Jon
Sweet, thanks
This is fucking BADASS!

[Image: slWr0B9.jpg]
Great news, lets hope people really polish their maps Smile There are lots of awesome layouts out there, cool gameplay etc, but somehow they lack lots of detail :/
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

Search again dude, you might find lots of suggestions, and positive feedback.

I just say, a lot of custom maps are pretty well done, but lack detail. Thats it. I will post some screenshots as soons as I have time to work on my map again.

[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

sticky this maybe?

Does anyone know if we can use CSGO assets in this contest or is there some DRM issues with Valve?

Quote:Does anyone know if we can use CSGO assets in this contest or is there some DRM issues with Valve?

Do you mean props or textures?
Quote:Does anyone know if we can use CSGO assets in this contest or is there some DRM issues with Valve?

If it is base assets from the Source SDK then they are fine to use, however any game specific assets can not be used as they go against Valve's porting policy. 

Valve only allow people to use content from their games in other Valve owned games. As far as I know, although Insurgency is made using the source engine, Valve does not own Insurgency.

Thats too bad, Insurgency is so limited on assets it pretty well limits the maps to be all Afghan / Iraq.    The contest deadline doesn't really give us the time to make a whole lot of our own assets.
Quote:Thats too bad, Insurgency is so limited on assets it pretty well limits the maps to be all Afghan / Iraq.    The contest deadline doesn't really give us the time to make a whole lot of our own assets.

There are plenty of pre-existing, models, textures, props, prefabs etc that you can download and use from our website.  They may have been designed for other source games, but many of them will also fit with Insurgency.  (You just need to check the author is happy for you to use them in the contest / check the licence).

Or you can team up with other people and work together to develop assets for map creation.