Important Map Contest Information:

As the October 1st deadline approaches for the Razer and Gamebanana Mapping Contest, we have changed a requirement for submissions to Workshop.

The map does not have to be uploaded to Workshop. It still must be uploaded to Gamebanana to qualify.

Full details on the contest found here: http://gamebanana.com/contests/48

We do want the contest maps to be submitted to Workshop, however in the current build of the game there is a file size limit that some maps are exceeding. Rest assured, this limit will be increased with a future update to the game, it just is not timed to coincide with the deadline unfortunately.

Hopefully this won't confuse anyone submitting to the contest, as the initial requirements say to submit to both Workshop and Gamebanana. As long as your map is submitted to Gamebanana, it will be judged.

Thanks and good luck! We are looking forward to playing the entries!

[Image: ins-sig.jpeg]

Co-founder & Creative Director of Insurgency
god damn upload is taking ages...hope you still accept Confused

i cannot believe this, i was uplaoding the file and now i can't finish the process because it was a few mins passed the time.

PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ

Can't believe this...

You will need to contact GB about it, so try leaving a comment in the Contest page.

Quote:You will need to contact GB about it, so try leaving a comment in the Contest page.

Thank you i already left a comment there, can't believe this man... Confused I am up since more than 36 hours just trying to finish the map was uploading last minute, can't believe this man...  plz plz plz :\

Edit: Aparently i still managed to submit it, weird O_o it kept failing.

So glad...oh well, here's what i wrote there: 

"As im writting this i am awake for 36h straight working on the map. Three days ago while saving hammer crashed and corrupted the file, my "backup" one was kinda... "old".

After so much work i'd hate to just quit, so...here i am, tired as hell but happy that at least i did not quit.

I gotta be honest, the map is not finished, but is the best i could come up with. I'm thinking about writting something more in dept when i'm not brain dead.

Anyways, LOVED doing this, a big THANK YOU to Gamebanana and NWI and everyone on the forums how took some time to help me out, really appreciate it!

Cheers dudes Smile"
Quote:Important Map Contest Information:

As the October 1st deadline approaches for the Razer and Gamebanana Mapping Contest, we have changed a requirement for submissions to Workshop.

The map does not have to be uploaded to Workshop. It still must be uploaded to Gamebanana to qualify.

Full details on the contest found here: http://gamebanana.com/contests/48

We do want the contest maps to be submitted to Workshop, however in the current build of the game there is a file size limit that some maps are exceeding. Rest assured, this limit will be increased with a future update to the game, it just is not timed to coincide with the deadline unfortunately.

Hopefully this won't confuse anyone submitting to the contest, as the initial requirements say to submit to both Workshop and Gamebanana. As long as your map is submitted to Gamebanana, it will be judged.

Thanks and good luck! We are looking forward to playing the entries!

The contest organizers at GameBanana said that you would stream the judgement phase online for people to watch. Do you know when that will be? 
We'll likely start testing/streaming next week.

When you set up the custom maps server could you provide documentation on how to do it? (like step by step sorta deal) (it might already exist) but nobody can seem to get it working correctly (at least for pvp coop works fine) Smile

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Also can't wait to start testing! Some of those maps look crazy good!
Quote:When you set up the custom maps server could you provide documentation on how to do it? (like step by step sorta deal) (it might already exist) but nobody can seem to get it working correctly (at least for pvp coop works fine) Smile

you know how to set normal server ? then for custom content:

sv_playlist custom //if you are using matchmaking

custom maps (non-wortkshop) goes to ..\insurgency\maps folder (yes, into the original folder), VPK mods (skins, sounds, etc.) into ..\insurgency\custom folder and theater scripts (non-vpk) into ..\insurgency\scripts\theaters folder

add maps to your desired mapcycle file, set your external content hosting via sv_downloadurl, profit Smile

EDIT: For further info you can take a look on this WIP server guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XGpn...sp=sharing
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

Quote:When you set up the custom maps server could you provide documentation on how to do it? (like step by step sorta deal) (it might already exist) but nobody can seem to get it working correctly (at least for pvp coop works fine) Smile

^^^ arc's works fine...
well knowing arc prob a coop server which like I said coop does work. for some reason pvp does not.

and I have worked with 4 diff people trying to set up custom pvp servers and it never worked. that is partly what drove impulse to leaving ins and stopping any work on workshop'd servers.

Last I heard workshop content and DL from servers still didn't work.

Ill send this information down the line and see if it works though! thank you arc!

Arc do you know of any pvp custom map servers?
Quote:Last I heard workshop content and DL from servers still didn't work.
That's been working for like a month or two now, just breaks the map cycle but mp_maxgames 0 should get around it. Works pretty well in the current beta version where the maxgames thing is fixed.
Quote:That's been working for like a month or two now, just breaks the map cycle but mp_maxgames 0 should get around it. Works pretty well in the current beta version where the maxgames thing is fixed.
Yea i told him on steam chat, he will wait for that patch rather than using sv_downloadurl
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

Last Time I worked with a server trying to get customurl download to work it didnt work. and that was way less than month or two ago.

Plus saying it works but breaks map cycle isn't really "works" XD more like works with a workaround.

I do know that the workaround was posted 2 weeks ago. (at least 2 weeks ago was the soonest time the workaround was made known on the forums) (sept 24th)

But even after that work around Impulse tried 1 more test and it didn't work. but i'm not sure if that test was with workshop or customurl. (but that was for gnal mod and custom maps)

Its good to hear that workshop will finally work coming in the next patch with mods and pvp maps. I think most of us will wait for that (pvp at least) before trying to set up custom pvp servers with work arounds. I will be excited to see the custom maps be tested for the contest! Maybe then everyone will start using custom maps in their rotations for pvp like coop has.

**me and arc are testing pvp custom maps now with new steps**

OK so googledrive and dropbox both don't work. mediafire also has no luck. that explains why noone could get a server working. the reason ARC has one working is because well hes an angel from god with special powers/account Wink

So I think We will just wait for workshop support Smile.
Me after the play tests for my map, Prophet, regarding my bell tower:
http://youtu.be/YUKmq7UMJys?t=3s

Bell nerf otw. Also added Push and Ambush and implementing custom soundscapes and a bit more details and proper packing the window texture (and more!)

Thanks to everyone who helped playtest the maps!