Video 
I messed around with some dsp presets to try and capture the acoustics of each room or area in Ministry.  
Instead of using the normal dsp room presets I set the spatial dsp presets for the room and the room for the spatial.

It worked out pretty well after finding the right combinations.  
The only conflict I found was with the FAL/L1A1 fp and tp gunshot effect.
I don't know why exactly but these effects would cause heavy distortion until it cutout all audio while shooting rapidly. So I modified those and set it as a required mod for the soundscape mod to work as intended.  

Here's a video of how it sounds:

Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=689989820
This is a really clever idea!
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject but would the change in sound really be that drastic?

| Manners maketh man. |

Pretty cool! This is a unique sort of thing to see on the Workshop. Curious to see if you have any other plans for this on other maps, or other sound mods.
Michael Tsarouhas - Community Manager and Voice Over Director for New World
(25-05-2016, 08:21)Arran HS Wrote: This is a really clever idea!
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject but would the change in sound really be that drastic?

Thanks, man!   Smile
I share the same lack of knowledge on the subject. I've never shot a gun inside and the times I have shot a gun I had hearing protection so I honestly don't really know how it sounds outside either.  I reference things like the bank robbery shootout scene in Heat and DICE audio work in BF.
I would think you're ears would be ringing after the first couple shots so you wouldn't hear much after that.  Big Grin
I was thinking it'd be cool to add that ear ringing dsp preset (134*, like when a grenade explodes close to you) after shooting N amount of rounds with a rifle or shoutgun when in small rooms. I don't know how to do it or even if it can be done with a mod but it'd be unique.  
I think it'd change the gameplay up a little making people even more reluctant to go balls out, guns blazing; You could have hearing protection as an attachment that'd stop the ringing (without muffling the sound of everything because the audio work in Insurgency is one of the best I've heard in a game) letting you go balls out if you're willing to spend some supply points on it.  

Anyways.
There's conVars to decrease dsp volume (dsp_volume is a cheat): dsp_vol_2ch, dsp_vol_4ch, and  dsp_vol_5ch.
You can play with those to meet your perception.  
If I get more feedback on it I'll adjust the dsp volume in the soundscape to match the feedback.  

Thanks again, Arran.  Smile

(25-05-2016, 09:02)Mikee Wrote: Pretty cool! This is a unique sort of thing to see on the Workshop. Curious to see if you have any other plans for this on other maps, or other sound mods.
Thanks, Mikee!  Big Grin
I wasn't sure I was going to release any but this one ended up sounding pretty good so it got me interested in what other peoples thoughts would be on it.  I do have plans on doing this to all the maps now. lol

I don't have anything else in the works concerning sound mods, unless there is a way to do what I mentioned in my comment to Arran by having peoples ears ring after n amount of rounds shot in rapid succession.  
Do you know if it's possible for someone who isn't a dev to do?
I think a mod like this would be a good fit for DOI.  Even if it was only applied to the MGs.

Thanks allot for the feedback, Mikee. It's really cool and very encouraging to get input from you guys at NWI. Smile
This is interesting. I really would like to have a vid showing the sounddifferences of 2 players going around map. Like, not the shooting player is recording but the one listening.Can you really hear the differences of the rooms when shots are fired in distance?

for e.g. comp, does it affect gameplay so much, that you hear by the shots which room enemy is in (so no directioncall, but a direct locationcall)?

Can you do such a video?
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

(26-05-2016, 04:11)mr.pink Wrote: This is interesting. I really would like to have a vid showing the sounddifferences of 2 players going around map. Like, not the shooting player is recording but the one listening.Can you really hear the differences of the rooms when shots are fired in distance?

for e.g. comp, does it affect gameplay so much, that you hear by the shots which room enemy is in (so no directioncall, but a direct locationcall)?

Can you do such a video?

DSP effects are applied to thrid person and first person gunshots but not to distant gunshots according to the soundmixer profile used in the soundscape. From what I've seen these past few days no soundmixer profile applies dsp effects to distant gunshots. Just third person and first person.  
You'll hear the effect on third person gunshots but its the dsp effect of the room you're in, not the room the shot was fired in.   
Editing soundmixers.txt (and/or dsp_presets.txt) will result in a file consistency error. This could probably be changed by the server admin? 
If you could edit soundmixer.txt and dsp_preset.txt it'd open up allot of possibilities.  

I haven't noticed any difference in identifying the direction of gunshots and footsteps.  

I have issues recording video. 
I could give it a try, lowering resolution and whatnot, and record some online gameplay but I don't think the video will be very good. No promises.  

You could subscribe to it and try it out with a friend or join a coop server. Just don't use the FAL or the L1A1 unless you Subscribe to the FAL/L1A1 fix because the stock fp and tp gunshot effects conflicts with it. This way you won't have to wait for me to get around to recording a video. There's a chance the video isn't going to be any good so testing it out yourself would be much quicker for you and be more of a certainty.