Would it be possible to make a deathmatch mode? where there is objectives but no waves and all that? Like Day of Defeat? make the respawning and all the similar to DoD?
You need to use custom occupy maps and custom server cfg with many waves to make it happen today dude.

Maybe once lua happens it will be easier to make happen on all maps Smile
(16-03-2016, 19:22)frombehind Wrote: You need to use custom occupy maps and custom server cfg with many waves to make it happen today dude.

Maybe once lua happens it will be easier to make happen on all maps Smile

Can't we make a deathmatch gamemode? I'd like to see a tutorial on how to do this since there's already invasion.
I make maps
Remagen
Saints
Vire
Vierville
When Lua is fully implemented, yes.
The example NWI used when announcing the implementation of Lua is making custom game modes.
(19-03-2016, 01:44)JustusMichal Wrote: When Lua is fully implemented, yes.
The example NWI used when announcing the implementation of Lua is making custom game modes.

Any idea when that is happening? Can't seem to find any information about it here on the forum.
Yep, when is always "soon" when you talk with game devs Big Grin

Or, when it is ready Big Grin

It has been spoken about officially, it is on the trello board so i have no doubt it will happen at some point.

NW have a history of delivering on things like this, the compass springs to mind Smile
(02-08-2016, 04:02)frombehind Wrote: Yep, when is always "soon" when you talk with game devs Big Grin

Or, when it is ready Big Grin

It has been spoken about officially, it is on the trello board so i have no doubt it will happen at some point.

NW have a history of delivering on things like this, the compass springs to mind Smile

Thank you for the reply! Big Grin

All that sounds good to me Smile

I'll just wait and try to be patient Tongue

Thanks again
Adding Lua is easy. Just merge these files, and the support is there - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki...rce_Engine

What is difficult, is creating all the game logic which is currently in C++ in Lua, without breaking the game or inadvertently changing how the game works. Ideally, if we can get the Lua interpreter baked in, we can start a prioritized list of the hooks we need to do the widest array of mod changes. Being able to change player health, inventory, weapon stats, control points, and game mode logic are all needed for this to work, but by paring down the hooks to the most needed functionality it could get off the ground in a reasonable timeframe.