See the following link:

http://wiki.newworldinteractive.com/Day_...ing_Levels

If there's anything you'd like to see added to the Wiki page, let us know.
Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
(07-02-2016, 07:43)JBlum Wrote: See the following link:

http://wiki.newworldinteractive.com/Day_...ing_Levels

If there's anything you'd like to see added to the Wiki page, let us know.

Im just having a little trouble launching the maps as DOI mode instead of insurgency what should i do in my config files? or settings? cheeers . In hammer i mean .Theres no tuts out there for this mod specifically yet
In order to use the DOI theatre in your level by default, add 
Code:
"theaterFile" "doi"
 to your map.txt

Bastogne's map.txt example.

"cpsetup.txt"

{

"navfile"   "doi_bastogne"

"nightlighting" "0"

"theaterfile" "doi"

"push"

{

"AttackingTeam" "insurgents"

[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]
Please update, it looks like the wiki was for the mod since i have to copy files to insurgency2. Also it says that only germans and americans are supported which I found hard to believe.

Also how can I add spawns, I only find info_player_start.

A bare bones start map with all required entities would really help.
EDIT:  OK found my issue for below.

1. I had no content... even though I  subscribed through the Steams UI. It didn't download anything.
2. I log-in to the DoI workshop and subscribed to a map download via Chrome 
3. The steam UI update... started a download, the map I subscribed to.
4. The folder 601757902 is now in "steamapps/workshop/content/222880/" It the .VPK's in it
5. There is another folder 601789279, it contains the map files I subscribed to.

Seems like you don't get the folder 601757902 with the .vpk files unless you start off another download.

Here was my initial problem....

Hi everyone, looked the the Wiki and where it says...
In order to access the DOI content in Hammer, you will need to copy the .VPKs from the DOI workshop folder. You can locate your DOI workshop folder in "steamapps/workshop/content/222880/601757902"

I don't have any folder 601757902 in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\222880

What is the cause?

I did fire up Hammer from the mod file .exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dayofinfamy\bin Hammer.exe

So I made a basic brush set for a map, skybox, floor. I can see the special doi textures like /doi-brick_01 and everything in the options addresses are pointing to doi directories.

What is up with the .VPK's folder 601757902 missing in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\222880 ?

Do I need that step at all?

Note I have not mapped in Source since 2013... rusty as hell.
(02-08-2016, 17:54)clankill3r Wrote: Please update, it looks like the wiki was for the mod since i have to copy files to insurgency2. Also it says that only germans and americans are supported which I found hard to believe.

I agree, this is very confusing since I have not touched Hammer in such a long time.
(06-08-2016, 20:23)INsane dodbits Wrote: EDIT:  OK found my issue for below.

1. I had no content... even though I  subscribed through the Steams UI. It didn't download anything.
2. I log-in to the DoI workshop and subscribed to a map download via Chrome 
3. The steam UI update... started a download, the map I subscribed to.
4. The folder 601757902 is now in "steamapps/workshop/content/222880/" It the .VPK's in it
5. There is another folder 601789279, it contains the map files I subscribed to.

Seems like you don't get the folder 601757902 with the .vpk files unless you start off another download.

Here was my initial problem....

Hi everyone, looked the the Wiki and where it says...
In order to access the DOI content in Hammer, you will need to copy the .VPKs from the DOI workshop folder. You can locate your DOI workshop folder in "steamapps/workshop/content/222880/601757902"

I don't have any folder 601757902 in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\222880

What is the cause?

I did fire up Hammer from the mod file .exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dayofinfamy\bin Hammer.exe

So I made a basic brush set for a map, skybox, floor. I can see the special doi textures like /doi-brick_01 and everything in the options addresses are pointing to doi directories.

What is up with the .VPK's folder 601757902 missing in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\222880 ?

Do I need that step at all?

Note I have not mapped in Source since 2013... rusty as hell.

The setup for hammer in this thread is outdated, all you have to do now is launch hammer in the dayofinfamy/bin folder. The old setup was for the outdated Insurgency mod.

(07-08-2016, 00:41)INsane dodbits Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 17:54)clankill3r Wrote: Please update, it looks like the wiki was for the mod since i have to copy files to insurgency2. Also it says that only germans and americans are supported which I found hard to believe.

I agree, this is very confusing since I have not touched Hammer in such a long time.

This is an Insurgency guide but for the time being it will have to do: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=289515351

I'm sure a Day of Infamy modding/mapping wiki will up sooner or later, but for now if you have any questions feel free to direct them to the forums or me.
I make maps
Remagen
Saints
Vire
Vierville
(07-08-2016, 03:33)ThirdEye Wrote: The setup for hammer in this thread is outdated, all you have to do now is launch hammer in the dayofinfamy/bin folder. The old setup was for the outdated Insurgency mod.

This is an Insurgency guide but for the time being it will have to do: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=289515351

I'm sure a Day of Infamy modding/mapping wiki will up sooner or later, but for now if you have any questions feel free to direct them to the forums or me.

Thanks will do.
I got everything set, thought that was the case, the difference between the latest release.

I got as far as decompiling a doi map and turned off some VisGroups  under the Auto tab.
Looks ok, just getting my head around the game play and all the different entities.

Found the doi_csgo_imported, doi_l4d2_imported, doi_dod_imported content .VPK's.

One thing that I was expecting, (once I saw those imported content files) is more models and materials.

I loaded a dod VMF, Its an unfinished dods port of dod_schwetz, I noticed some is there but not all of dods materials and models. See the image attached. All I really got was three wood/shingle textures and most are not there. Especially all the windows, there are only 5 from dod models, there are a lot more than that. 

.jpg   Capture_dod_schwetz_doi.JPG (Size: 422.86 KB / Downloads: 10)

That's a pity they are not all there, there are some good models and textures and seems a pity not to use them.

Is there a way to bring more into the game? 
Or were they limited by the devs' for size/.bsp version or legal reasons?

I can make a custom pack in a VPK I guess. 

Next step is just to experiment and make some small test maps to see the inner workings the spawns, captures and so on.

I appreciate the replies, thanks.
(07-08-2016, 06:42)INsane dodbits Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 03:33)ThirdEye Wrote: The setup for hammer in this thread is outdated, all you have to do now is launch hammer in the dayofinfamy/bin folder. The old setup was for the outdated Insurgency mod.

Thanks will do.
I got everything set, thought that was the case, the difference between the latest release.

I got as far as decompiling a doi map and turned off some VisGroups  under the Auto tab.
Looks ok, just getting my head around the game play and all the different entities.

Found the doi_csgo_imported, doi_l4d2_imported, doi_dod_imported content .VPK's.

One thing that I was expecting, (once I saw those imported content files) is more models and materials.

I loaded a dod VMF, Its an unfinished dods port of dod_schwetz, I noticed some is there but not all of dods materials and models. See the image attached. All I really got was three wood/shingle textures and most are not there. Especially all the windows, there are only 5 from dod models, there are a lot more than that. 

That's a pity they are not all there, there are some good models and textures and seems a pity not to use them.

Is there a way to bring more into the game? 
Or were they limited by the devs' for size/.bsp version or legal reasons?

I can make a custom pack in a VPK I guess. 

Next step is just to experiment and make some small test maps to see the inner workings the spawns, captures and so on.

I appreciate the replies, thanks.

Quite a bit of the Day of Defeat Source content is not included. Most if not all the content in the game that is from other source games are placeholder and will be replaced.
Although, there's nothing really stopping you from importing all the Day of Defeat files into the DoI folder and including them in your custom maps.
I make maps
Remagen
Saints
Vire
Vierville
(08-08-2016, 00:55)ThirdEye Wrote: Quite a bit of the Day of Defeat Source content is not included. Most if not all the content in the game that is from other source games are placeholder and will be replaced. 

Although, there's nothing really stopping you from importing all the Day of Defeat files into the DoI folder and including them in your custom maps.

Thanks, it may save some time on map port.
Im having an issue when I try to run map in Hammer, it comes up with the error "Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt' "  Anyone know a fix?
Where could I find a list of usable Soundscapes for Day of Infamy?

Is there a link to a Tutorial which helps set up the Radar?
Is it similar to CSGO where you just create a .DDS file and a Text file or is it any different?
I've started work on updating the wiki. I'm pretty new to mapping but having a fresh set of eyes may be a plus. My hope is to get entities and scripts for each game mode documented as that is the majority of what people need. Most the other stuff can be picked up from Hammer tutorials online.

I'm basically going through the SDK maps and disecting how many and what type of entities/brushes are needed.

If you'd like to add something, please feel free!
There is an utter lack of information regarding how "mapname.txt" located in doi/maps is supposed to be setup.

once i figure it out... Id like to make some youtube tutorials that show it and explain it all in laymans terms.
(14-04-2017, 16:06)jhihwhhiz Wrote: There is an utter lack of information regarding how "mapname.txt" located in doi/maps is supposed to be setup.

once i figure it out... Id like to make some youtube tutorials that show it and explain it all in laymans terms.

I think they explained in this video at about 1:35:00  but I agree it isn't easy to find the info you need