Hey Guys

I created a custom theater for DOI to unlock some of the weapons and I can run it locally but if I put it on a test sever here under scritps/theaters and set the theater override in the server.cfg the clients download it but then they crash to desktop.

The server seems to run fine with the custom theater file in place. Shows up in the browser.

Is there some other place these files need to go for it to work with the MOD instead of scripts/theaters?

The other mod I have for the Stock game runs fine on the server.

Regards,

Wall
[BB]Wallinator

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
+1 Wallinator

This is something I'm keen to sort out as well.

I have DoI running on the server just fine and can customize it a little using the game mode cfg files and custom playlist but want a lot more customization using additional theater files.

Haven't tried it yet but my thoughts are to add an mp_theater_override to the game mode cfg

i.e. something like this...
File/Path: insurgency/cfg/server_conquer.cfg
Code:
"mp_theater_override"            "my_doi_custom"

"mp_maxgames"                    "1"
"mp_maxrounds"                    "5"
"mp_winlimit_coop"                "2"
"mp_roundtime"                    "2400"
"mp_cp_capture_time"                "45"
"mp_cp_deteriorate_time"            "0"
"mp_supply_token_base"                "30"
"mp_supply_token_bot_base"            "18"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_high"        "1"
"mp_supply_rate_losing_team_low"        "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_high"        "1"
"mp_supply_rate_winning_team_low"        "1"
"ins_bot_count_conquer_min"            "10"
"ins_bot_count_conquer_max"            "16"
"ins_bot_count_conquer_default"            "0"    
"ins_bot_rpg_minimum_player_cluster"            "2"
"ins_bot_rpg_player_cluster_radius"        "460"
"ins_bot_rpg_player_cluster_bloat"        "20"

Then the custom theater file would go something like this....
File/Path: insugency/scripts/theaters/my_doi_custom.theater
Code:
"#base" "doi.theater"

"theater"
         {
// insert customizations here

}

AFAIK these game mode cfg files load last and therefore shouldn't interfere with the DoI theaters loading up.

Not sure if this would work or not & won't have a chance to test it until next week, hopefully someone that knows better will be able to help us out before then.

Looking forward to some assistance.

8-)

PS. I'm thinking this thread would get a better response if it were moved to the "Day of Infamy Mod" forum. 8-)
Well, I got around to trying this today but unfortunately it didn't work.

I keep getting the "enforcing file consistency for my_doi_custom.theater" error and drop out to the main menu.

Hopefully we'll get a reply from someone that knows how to do this.

8-/
verify if the exact same theater file is used by the server to the one that is served by the fast download server. If you happen to have downloaded the theater file before and afterwards you update it on the server you will get this error message as the system will not download / update the newer file.

The suggested way of dealing with updated theater files is to provide a version extension to the file name, making each version unique:

theater_v1.theater
theater_v2.theater
theater_v3.theater

etc
[S.O.] Tactical Teamplay server (Search and Destroy - Realism mod) - 89.163.222.83:21854
@Klauwhamer

Yep, have verified the theater files.

If I only enable the custom theater on conquer mode by calling it in server_conquer.cfg with ("mp_theater_override" "my_doi_custom") and set the startup gametype to checkpoint, then I can join the server and play just fine. 
If select a conquer map at the end game vote "my_doi_custom.theater" downloads and runs correctly.

So, the custom theater downloads and runs fine if it's invoked when you are already on the server but fails to DL with the file consistency error if you try to join while the custom theater is running.

I'm thinking it has to do with not fully loading the workshop theater before running the custom theater.

Maybe someone can confirm the loading order? 
i.e. Do workshop theaters load first or are they bypassed by "/scripts/theaters/custom_theater.theater"

8-)
I believe that this might be an issue with the workshop DOI versus script/theaters flat file theater. So, you have a file in scripts/theaters/my_doi.theater
Then it includes doi.theater so the game searches for scripts/theaters/doi.theater
No file found, so it bites it

Could this be true? NWI devs, can you shed some light on this?

A test I am going to run today is simply merging all the theaters into one massive file and not using #base at all. Perhaps that will help, we'll see.
(08-02-2016, 12:03)jballou Wrote: A test I am going to run today is simply merging all the theaters into one massive file and not using #base at all. Perhaps that will help, we'll see.

Hi Jared,
The first thing I tried was to merge all changes I wanted into 1 file, (i.e. weapons, upgrades, gear, templates, etc) and used "#base" "doi.theater" only. 
I then found I needed to add ...
  • "#base" "doi_player.theater"
  • "#base" "doi_ammo.theater"
  • "#base" "doi_gear.theater"
  • "#base" "doi_weapon.theater"
  • "#base" "doi_weapon_upgrades.theater"

this actually got the theater working in game but would only download the custom theater file (without the "file consistency error" if it was invoked after I joined the server.

I think my next step will be to customize the entire DoI theater, pack it in a .vpk and upload to /insurgency/custom/

If that fails I guess adding it to workshop will be the only way?

8-/
just came across this post by Arc on Reddit....

Quote:Okesik_aka_Arc  Developer (Technical Support)

He's right on this. You can have sv_pure set in CFG if you want, but it applies only after second map load (doesn't matter if you reload same map or load new one).
For DoI specifically, you have to have set this in batch/sh script.

Thinking this might be why my custom theater downloads fine after the first map.

Huh
(08-02-2016, 22:45)Snypr Wrote: just came across this post by Arc on Reddit....

Quote:Okesik_aka_Arc  Developer (Technical Support)

He's right on this. You can have sv_pure set in CFG if you want, but it applies only after second map load (doesn't matter if you reload same map or load new one).
For DoI specifically, you have to have set this in batch/sh script.

Thinking this might be why my custom theater downloads fine after the first map.

Huh

Don't know if you ever figured this out. But you need to set sv_pure 0 in your server command line. Server.cfg is loaded secondary (after the map has already started)
(20-02-2016, 04:45)Price [508th PIR] Wrote: Don't know if you ever figured this out. But you need to set sv_pure 0 in your server command line. Server.cfg is loaded secondary (after the map has already started)

Yep, Thanks Price, figured that's what was needed.

Got caught up doing a full workshop customization on another server so haven't been back to have the server hosts add it yet.

8-)