I'm working on compiling a set of voiceover scripts for DoI, primarily for my own voice work on the Commonwealth Forces but I've included (or am in the process of including) sections for the German and US Army factions. I'll see about posting some links and whatnot when I get things looking decent and I'll upload a few vocals now and then to get some feedback.

If anyone wants to contribute to the writing of the scripts, just for now scribe some stuff in a text document of some kind until I get the spreadsheet all labeled up correctly and then I can transfer any additions to it. This goes for any factions that folks want to add to the mod, like the Russians for example. I'll just throw up a new tab for it so stuff can be added as and when =)
Still needs some extra sections like for the HQ lines, but I've been a touch on the busy side to properly go through all the lines. But here's the sheet I've been working on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Currently there are 5 tabs in there, British, German, American, Russian and Japanese. If you're wanting to add some dialogue or add an extra tab then just give me a heads up and i'll give you editing permissions. And be gentle with it, spreadsheets are fussy at the best of times Tongue.
Visit My Website!www.seorasvoiceacting.com
personally I do not understand why people always use english voice overs for non english forces. You could easily have the english text shown in chat, while the voice over is original. Everything sounds like crap, if its insurgents talking english with arabic accent, germans talking english with german accent or whatever. Let them talk in their natural language but keep the shown text in english (or whatever language the player has chosen)...

Hit me up if you need help for original german shouts Wink
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

I think it's mainly down to English being more widely understood than say German or Russian. I actually had a chat with Mikee about this too and I think they were mainly going for accented voiceovers so it's more understandable across the board, rather than having to skim through a load of text dialogue to know whats going on. Don't get me wrong though, I see where you're coming from, which is why I would personally want to include a mix of native language and English dialogue if possible to hopefully keep a happy medium =)

But then again this ain't my mod and it's a community project, so I guess the beauty of it all is that anyone can make anything and submit it =D. As far as getting some recording done, as with normal Insurgency we have at least 2 voices per faction, the Subordinate / HQ voice and the Squad Leader. So if you wanted to submit some samples to the NWI guys and see what they think, you might be able to take on one of those roles =)
Visit My Website!www.seorasvoiceacting.com
english is widely understood because of just those reasons Smile

I do not know any people that actually care about those voice thingies when they first play the game. When they realize what those voiceovers are used for, it does not matter if they hear it 2-3 times to recognize what it stands for or read it - they will understand it. Iam just more for that "feel", than random english for everyone :/
Nah, I will not send in anything to just test this or that. Language is all the same imo, and you wont feel it by some recordings...But I KNOW that German Wehrmacht talking actual german (and not that crap what Americans think is german) is much more intense and just sounds cool. Same with russian, arabic etc.

Imagine I would translate the game into german and do german voiceovers with english accent... wtf?! Big Grin
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]