kind of a first draft, if you run into any problems leave a comment and I will try and address it in v2

youll need these files https://mega.nz/#!k8xSlZgD!_wOfsM3h_t4Yp...tzkq2wMXlo
This right here needs pinning!!!!!

Great work dude Big Grin
Great tutorial Tigg!

I've been working on the m249 and using the v_m249.blend file in your resources download I've found that it won't recompile due to bone reference errors.
Quote:ERROR: unknown bone reference 'CONTROL_Point' in weightlist 'weights_m249_delta_deployed'
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'weapons\v_m249.mdl'

Just tried the v_akm.blend and also got bone weight errors....
Quote:ERROR: unknown bone reference 'WOW' in weightlist 'weights_delta_foregrip'
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'weapons\v_akm.mdl'

I'm less than a novice using Blender and would appreciate any help on how to fix these errors.

Cheers,
8-)
those files are a little outdated now, but it should be an easy fix. Just comment out those lines in the .qc- somewhere in the $weightlist will be a reference to those bones, that don't exist anymore.

there may be more issues with compiling after that, but most of them should be explained by the error messages in the console.

However, you may need to copy some $sequence lines from the most current .qc from insurgency into my edited ones to get online working properly.
(18-02-2016, 07:22)tigg Wrote: those files are a little outdated now, but it should be an easy fix. Just comment out those lines in the .qc- somewhere in the $weightlist will be a reference to those bones, that don't exist anymore.

there may be more issues with compiling after that, but most of them should be explained by the error messages in the console.

However, you may need to copy some $sequence lines from the most current .qc from insurgency into my edited ones to get online working properly.

Okay, thanks tigg, I'll let you know how it goes. 8-)