We've just gotten the Linux client working for Insurgency, and it is ready for public testing on the beta branch. This thread is for collecting feedback on its stability, so please post information on any bugs or issues you find in this thread.

For instructions on how to download the beta branch, click here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=204918367

For details on Linux support as well as other things we're working on, check out our official roadmap: https://trello.com/c/7XeOPwYw/17-linux-support

UPDATE: Please bear in mind that THE MENU IS NOT FINAL. A lot of the bugs being reported about the menu are not related to Linux. It's simply a heavy work in progress.
Michael Tsarouhas - Community Manager and Voice Over Director for New World
I've been waiting for this day a long time Smile

I've opted into the Beta but I'm unable to download the game:

http://i.imgur.com/mKSmwEh.png

Is there a special step I have to do?
(22-10-2015, 01:54)HeavyHDx Wrote: I've been waiting for this day a long time Smile

I've opted into the Beta but I'm unable to download the game:

http://i.imgur.com/mKSmwEh.png

Is there a special step I have to do?

Did you click okay, click close, and then restart your Steam client? What happens?
Michael Tsarouhas - Community Manager and Voice Over Director for New World
(22-10-2015, 02:00)Mikee Wrote: Did you click okay, click close, and then restart your Steam client? What happens?

When I do that, the Beta option resets to "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" so it doesn't stick when I restart Steam.
(22-10-2015, 02:06)HeavyHDx Wrote:
(22-10-2015, 02:00)Mikee Wrote: Did you click okay, click close, and then restart your Steam client? What happens?

When I do that, the Beta option resets to "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" so it doesn't stick when I restart Steam.

So after restarting Steam does it let you download the beta or not?
(22-10-2015, 02:07)SteveS Wrote: So after restarting Steam does it let you download the beta or not?

Nope, it doesn't show up as a Linux game and when I restart Steam, it doesn't keep the Beta branch. I'll try the Steam Beta client real quick, maybe it works with that.

edit:

nope, same issue
(22-10-2015, 02:10)HeavyHDx Wrote:
(22-10-2015, 02:07)SteveS Wrote: So after restarting Steam does it let you download the beta or not?

Nope, it doesn't show up as a Linux game and when I restart Steam, it doesn't keep the Beta branch. I'll try the Steam Beta client real quick, maybe it works with that.

edit:

nope, same issue

Have you installed the game before switching the branch? Can you right click the game and install it?
(22-10-2015, 02:14)SteveS Wrote: Have you installed the game before switching the branch? Can you right click the game and install it?

I don't have the game installed, but I can try downloading it with WINE Steam.
(22-10-2015, 02:15)HeavyHDx Wrote:
(22-10-2015, 02:14)SteveS Wrote: Have you installed the game before switching the branch? Can you right click the game and install it?

I don't have the game installed, but I can try downloading it with WINE Steam.

Don't download it with anything but the official Linux client. Using WINE Steam will download the Windows binaries .
(22-10-2015, 02:16)SteveS Wrote: Don't download it with anything but the official Linux client. Using WINE Steam will download the Windows binaries .

Then how do I install it? It doesn't show up as a Linux game in Steam, even when I opt in to the beta.
Well, same issue as HeavyDXx happens to me. Seems like you guys didn't set Linux as supported platform on Steam or sth Smile

I will be happy to help since I played around 150 hours of the game already on Steam using Wine Smile
(22-10-2015, 02:18)HeavyHDx Wrote:
(22-10-2015, 02:16)SteveS Wrote: Don't download it with anything but the official Linux client. Using WINE Steam will download the Windows binaries .

Then how do I install it? It doesn't show up as a Linux game in Steam, even when I opt in to the beta.

Well we might have to reach out to Valve because the game is showing as downloadable for me and another dev on the team.
Can anyone having this issue try restarting the Steam client and downloading the game? I just noticed an option in Steam's backend to enable support.
When I create a "appmanifest_222880.acf" file in my steamapps folder with the following content:

"AppState"
{
"appid" "222880"
"Universe" "1"
"StateFlags" "0"
"name" "Insurgency"
"installdir" "Insurgency"
"LastUpdated" "0"
"UpdateResult" "0"
}

and restart Steam, it will start downloading Insurgency, but I think that's just the Windows version.

edit:

it now shows up in my library as a Linux game and I can download it without doing weird stuff like this. Thanks!
(22-10-2015, 02:30)HeavyHDx Wrote: When I create a "appmanifest_222880.acf" file in my steamapps folder with the following content:

"AppState"
{
"appid" "222880"
"Universe" "1"
"StateFlags" "0"
"name" "Insurgency"
"installdir" "Insurgency"
"LastUpdated" "0"
"UpdateResult" "0"
}

and restart Steam, it will start downloading Insurgency, but I think that's just the Windows version.

You shouldn't manually create these files. I have enabled support in Steam's backend and should be downloadable.