Damn it!  I just cleaned my monitor yesterday, and now there's coffee all over it.  You guys suck!

And now for serious feedback.

Code:
$ inxi -F
System:    Host: joel-Desktop Kernel: 3.19.0-31-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Openbox 3.5.2 Distro: Ubuntu 14.04 trusty
Machine:   Mobo: ASUSTeK model: M5A78L-M LX PLUS version: Rev X.0x Bios: American Megatrends version: 1701 date: 09/11/2014
CPU:       Quad core AMD Phenom II X4 965 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm) 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 2200.00 MHz 2: 3400.00 MHz 3: 2200.00 MHz 4: 2700.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GF116 [GeForce GTX 550 Ti] X.Org: 1.15.1 driver: nvidia Resolution: [email protected]
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 355.11
Audio:     Card-1: NVIDIA GF116 High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.19.0-31-generic
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Card-3: Fry's driver: USB Audio 
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR93xx Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath9k 
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: [Redacted]
           Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169 
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: [Redacted]
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (60.8% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST3250410AS size: 250.1GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: WDC_WD2500JS size: 250.1GB 
Partition: ID: / size: 214G used: 136G (67%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 17.18GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
RAID:      No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 46.0C mobo: 42.0C gpu: 59C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 896 sys-1: 962 
Info:      Processes: 226 Uptime: 35 min Memory: 3466.5/16046.8MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.17

First thing I've noticed is that changing the game from 1080p fullscreen to 720p windowed doesn't apply correctly.  The game renders at and receives input as though it's at 720p, but it's stretched to 1080p and is in no way windowed.  Restarting the game fixes this.  This happens in Wine as well.

[Image: 59b985ee80322a99ea9cc6ee5f4b0b17.png]
Dat Loading Circle!  I don't remember it being this ugly in 1080p.

No apply button after changing sound settings.  This happens in Wine as well.

Entered game and got all of 9fps.  Adjusted settings and now I'm getting over 100, higher than Wine with CSMT.  Still evaluating what caused the massive slowdown.

[Image: 65647ffa99081c5d9a3ee575ecc7011f.png]
Could you perhaps make the net_graph text bigger when in 1280x720?  It's almost unreadable, as you can see.

After alt-tabbing back into the game I started turning around and, it froze.  It's ignoring SigTerm, forcing me to use SigKill.  According to htop, memory usage just exceeded 2GB.
[Image: b45cc9ce7f8a621c15a6327e759814ee.png]

The cause of my massive slowdown is MSAA.  Drops my framerate to 9fps for no explicable reason.

Just checked nvidia-settings, and Video memory usage is at 1009MB/99%.  Dropped Paged Pool Memory to low and now it's at 754MB/74%.  From what I remember, this is significantly higher than in Wine.  Anyway, that's probably what caused my crash.

Standing on top of the rock past the first house in Buhriz, conquer mode, I see some minor flickering graphical glitchiness.  It continues as I entered Alpha, making it hard to see down the main street from there.
[Image: 2fa16b83c619690ef74cfdca6394382d.png]

I threw a flashbang at an enemy, and it crashed the server.

Model 10 is awesome.  Standard reload animation is a bit glitchy [the first bullet I loaded disappeared then reappeared when the animation finished], but it's fun to use.  My one suggestion is that there's a slight delay between clicking and firing to simulate the double action trigger pull, which can be bypassed by pressing the change fire mode key to manually draw back the hammer, though I think this all comes from my love of Receiver and the weapon handling in it.

The flashbang server crash happened again.  I noticed that this time I died before the bang went off, and I think that also happened the first time.

Much of the flora in Kandagal seems to be permanently colored the distance fog color.  Not sure if it's a Linux client bug.  Also, the flora which isn't fog-colored has severe pop-in.
[Image: c45bd6d4a5e78002c92442224e1b5d32.png]
[Image: d3cf41843891827dc28c9358f96b099b.png]
[Image: 06e54d6cd30748a04ca9e6fad08b13a4.png]
The death screen showed some obvious debug textures, so yeah I think this is just the map not being anywhere near complete.

Another flashbang server crash.  Was doing district in conquest hardcore with several others, and I was still alive.

And another server crash.  This time I don't think it was flashbangs.  I can't even finish a match wi

Galil is broken in Checkpoint mode.  One shot and I'm staring into the sky.  Pretty sure a gun with that much recoil would break my spine.  And then I fired it unsighted, and my spine really did break, rendering me unable to look in front of me for several seconds.

The client hasn't crashed once since I turned Paged Pool to low.  Appears to be perfectly stable, but high on VRAM usage.  I think this is more the fault of the Source Engine's Linux support, because Garry's mod has the same problem.  With the same settings in the same map, Insurgency in Wine uses 323MB/32% while Insurgency on Linux uses 754MB/74%, over double the VRAM.  I can't imagine why, other than texture compression not being used properly.  I would say this is the most serious issue of the Linux client.

Okay, that's enough testing for now.  Hopefully some of this helps.
Ok then! It seems like setting LC_ALL=C %command% in Steam launch commands fixed sound and black screen issues. I updated my previous post, take a look:
https://forums.newworldinteractive.com/t...l#pid36145

DerRidda explained the root of the issue, thanks!
https://forums.newworldinteractive.com/t...l#pid36161

New bugs I've encountered:
- I cannot access the chat wheel commands, I tried invoking it with C, then moving mouse to pick one, didnt work. The chat wheel menu appears, but I am unable to move mouse to any command. Occurs in windowed, borderless and fullscreen.
- The voting popup in the left upper corner had some missing strings for me, dont know why, occured only once so might be beta related, not Linux related
- In my previous post I mentioned something like menu scaling to very small size (using 1280x1024 resolution), now I know the same thing happens to in game UI, showing clips amount, equipment points etc., screenshots for small size menu available in my previous post

Kind words to DerRidda and johndrinkwater from the SteamLUG server Smile
(22-10-2015, 13:26)iLag Wrote: The cause of my massive slowdown is MSAA.  Drops my framerate to 9fps for no explicable reason.

Just checked nvidia-settings, and Video memory usage is at 1009MB/99%.  Dropped Paged Pool Memory to low and now it's at 754MB/74%.  From what I remember, this is significantly higher than in Wine.  Anyway, that's probably what caused my crash.

That's actually a bug with the NVIDIA drivers where it fails to swap textures to RAM/disk properly, you'll also notice that your PCIe bandwidth utilization is stuck at 99% if you look in your nvidia-settings. Several other games suffer from this issue as well, mainly Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and very recently SOMA.

That said, I experienced the same issue on my 1 GB 560 TI and it sure did feel like the game uses more VRAM than other games.

Also thanks for your post, I think it will be extremely helpful!
Bug 
Using Arch Linux with GNOME 3.18 (Xorg) and Intel HD 4000. I downloaded the beta branch and, when trying to open, the game freezes immediately. When I try to use my NVIDIA card (optirun %command%), the game don't even open.

I tried to use LC_ALL=C, but didn't help.

Code:
System:    Host: HAL9000 Kernel: 4.2.3-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: Gnome 3.18.1 Distro: Arch Linux
Machine:   System: Dell product: Vostro 14-5480 v: A03
           Mobo: Dell model: 0PYXMC v: A00 Bios: Dell v: A03 date: 02/10/2015
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i7-5500U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 4096 KB
           clock speeds: max: 3000 MHz 1: 2401 MHz 2: 2400 MHz 3: 2400 MHz
           4: 2775 MHz
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics
           Card-2: NVIDIA GM108M [GeForce 830M]
           Display Server: N/A driver: intel Resolution: 80x24
Audio:     Card-1 Intel Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2 Intel Broadwell-U Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.2.3-1-ARCH

The attached image is the frozen game when using Intel GPU.
(22-10-2015, 14:51)HeavyHDx Wrote:
(22-10-2015, 13:26)iLag Wrote: The cause of my massive slowdown is MSAA.  Drops my framerate to 9fps for no explicable reason.

That's actually a bug with the NVIDIA drivers where it fails to swap textures to RAM/disk properly, you'll also notice that your PCIe bandwidth utilization is stuck at 99% if you look in your nvidia-settings. Several other games suffer from this issue as well, mainly Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and very recently SOMA.

That said, I experienced the same issue on my 1 GB 560 TI and it sure did feel like the game uses more VRAM than other games.

Also thanks for your post, I think it will be extremely helpful!

If by 100% you mean 5%, then yes.

Also, Embassy Push's overview map in the squad selection screen is off-center: [Image: 658d4c7ff7e71f5c730de7bb125e2a4b.png]
Shortly after I took this, build update.  Posting now.  Will post later after I get the update and take more notes.

EDIT: Got the new version, and I'm not seeing the restarted servers. Running a verification then checking again.

Also, I just noticed something. Pavucontrol thinks I'm playing a different game.
[Image: ea472696fa8dee2b7049b8d23f59ec60.png]
Broken Weapons bug:

L1A1 - Security rifleman in Embassy Push
AKM - Insurgent Bomber in Kandagal Push.  Works for others.
Makarov - Same as previous.
EDIT: M16A4-M203 - Security Grenadier in Kandagal Push. Only the Launcher.

Here's a youtube video showing the broken behavior:

Checkered black on purple texture over scope at low detail: I wish I could provide a better screenshot source, but steam is intermittent right now.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=539893823
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=539893807

The bug applied for all scopes.  I'm using XFCE, on Ubuntu 14.04 with the Fermi nvidia proprietary drivers.

Is there a need to print debug info? If so I'm not sure how to make insurgency work within the console, it gives me errors about not finding .so files and terminates when I do try.

Really cool to see this game working in Linux!  I'd be glad to test more things out and even hunt around for debug information and such.
The latest update fixed the audio and black screen problem for me, without the need of the LC_ALL command line parameter.
After yesterday's update, the "New World Interactive" screen shows properly when using Intel HD GPU. However, the game freezes right after that.

When trying to use NVIDIA's GPU, nothing shows up.

Code:
System:    Host: HAL9000 Kernel: 4.2.3-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: Gnome 3.18.1 Distro: Arch Linux
Machine:   System: Dell product: Vostro 14-5480 v: A03
           Mobo: Dell model: 0PYXMC v: A00 Bios: Dell v: A03 date: 02/10/2015
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i7-5500U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 4096 KB
           clock speeds: max: 3000 MHz 1: 2400 MHz 2: 2400 MHz 3: 2430 MHz
           4: 2530 MHz
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics
           Card-2: NVIDIA GM108M [GeForce 830M]
           Display Server: N/A driver: intel Resolution: 80x24
Audio:     Card-1 Intel Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2 Intel Broadwell-U Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.2.3-1-ARCH

Do the developers need more info that I can provide?

Well, after the message about the game freezing ("OpenGL is not responding" or something like that) when using Intel HD GPU, I pressed "wait" and waited for a while. The game started and I reached the main menu. Let's see what is the behavior from here.

When using NVIDIA's GPU, it also worked (I reached the main menu), but I have to use "primusrun" instead of "optirun" command. Could you take a look on what's happening?

Can't start a Solo game here on my computer. Also, I'm having some framerate issues (unexpected, given that I'm using an NVIDIA GPU and a Intel i7 with 8GB RAM, and had only one bot playing in the same lobby). Despite that, it's very playable right now.

After a restart, the framerate is normal (60fps, with the default settings + 2xMSAA). The game is playing very nicely. However, "optirun" problem persists, and I'm not yet able to play Solo. The main menu still very buggy. The game freezes on the weapon selection screen once in a while, forcing me to restart it (happened twice, not always).
Hi!
First of all, thank you so much for giving us a Linux version of your game.

I noticed a bug with the main menu of the game. It doesn't seem to work properly in non 16:9 Aspect ratio. I have a 1920x1200 pixels monitor which means 16:10 AR. This makes it impossible to click the Apply button when editing advanced graphics settings.
It seems to go outside a set area. I also noticed the mouse cursor vanishing outside this area sometimes too.

Please test game in other aspect ratios than 16:9.
That said, this might not be a Linux only issue but a issue with the new game menu that is only available in the beta.

Desktop environment: Gnome 3.18
Driver: NVIDIA proprietary version 355.11
GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Just a heads up to everyone who is participating in this thread, the menu is not final. A lot of the bugs being reported about the menu are not related to Linux. It's simply a heavy work in progress.

I'll make a note at the start of the thread as well. Good feedback guys, keep it all coming.
Michael Tsarouhas - Community Manager and Voice Over Director for New World
Noticed an UI error on the in game interface, maybe its related to Spanish language only but the ammo indicator is not showing properly the number of ammo left. Bottom right corner of the screen in the picture the UI is trimming the ammo number.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=540641752
Bugs present and annoying in latest build:
- radial menu either unaccessible, or you have to point the mouse exactly on the command you want to use (which is super unhandy compared to directional mouse sweep)
- cannot toggle console using `

Other than that, super playable, cant wait for Linux build going upstream. I love new weapons from beta as well Smile
(24-10-2015, 06:08)hardpenguin Wrote: - cannot toggle console using `

Yeah, had the same problem in CSGO. I just reassigned the button to open the console to F9. Works.
Hi guys BETA client is very nice, vorking perfect only 2 bugs.

1. all burning things blinking black circle (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=540912385)

2. setting viedo options advanced (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=540916967) last item in the menu: Paged Pool Memory Available setting low or medium game crash and new start game only black or grey screen and i can hear only game sounds

My system archlinux CPU Intel Quad Core Haswell, graphics Intel 4600 HD and 4 GB RAM
(Linux skynet 4.2.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 3 19:08:23 CEST 2015 i686 GNU/Linux)