To start using the Insurgency SDK, look for the following file:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\SDKLauncher.exe

Launch this file and it will allow you to access Hammer and Half-Life Model Viewer. These are the two main tools you need to get started.

Hammer is what is used to make maps. For more information about Valve's Hammer Editor [url=https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Hammer_Editor]please visit their wiki page[/url].

More information on how to set up Insurgency specific entities as well as test maps for mappers to reference will be coming soon, so stay tuned!

Note: Windows is the only operating system currently supported

Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
There is no C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\SDKLauncher.exe in my installation and there is no "insurgency SDK" in the steam tools. Did you forget to package it?

[R A F] 

Working on it.. it works for us, but not for you guys.. trying to figure out why and fix.

Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
Update: Valve needs to change the AppID from "unavailable" to "playable." Just sent them an email - we'll see how fast they get back to us.

Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
This is good stuff man! I got some cool ideas for INS map.. just gotta find some time from the million projects I have already going on. Tongue

When there is No More Room in Hell
, the dead will walk the earth.

Looking forward to it!

[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
cant wait.....................
[Image: x10e.jpg]

Any news? Big Grin

I just received an INS2 update in Steam and now the SDKLauncher.exe is there!

Awesome Big Grin.

Does any normal early access person (non-former tester) see SDKLauncher.exe also?

Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
I see it.

Thank you guys!

I'm going to start mapping!
I´ve been working on hammer for 2 days and it worked great, but now the program don´t want to start. I haven´t done any modification.

And since i´m here does anyone know a tutorial or something about making round things, it´s all squares, how can i make a round tower or whatever.

I´m doing a map and at my eyes it´s getting pretty neat but i´m stuck with that.

EDIT: ok scratch the first subject is working fine now (reinstalled), but yeah if someone knows a youtube tutorial or something to make round shapes that would be great, i guess there´s another way to do them instead of making a block and cut the edges until it gets circular...
well in case someone is having the same doubt (i think this is not the soluction) create a new map make a block, shape it with the cut tool to make it round and save it as a prefab, the on your map pick it up and like you know resize it as you wished.

When you have the brush tool selected, you can choose the shape you want to create at the bottom of the right edge of the screen.