thank you! damn it´s so easy now lol

Im loking forward to grinding out ins maps !

I cannot find it Sad qq

but when I searched in the Insurgency2 folder for "sdk" it popped up ez pz

I m 2 strong

www.twitch.tv/ryukolink

"tao of tribe already known to u. challenge of understand tao of tribe is not 2 learn new truth, it is 2 forget old falsehood." © TAO

i don't understand half of your message :/

hammer is located under STEAM_FOLDER/steamApps/common/insurgency2/insurgency/bin
[R A F] 

Quote:I cannot find it Sad qq

but when I searched in the Insurgency2 folder for "sdk" it popped up ez pz

I m 2 strong

Quote:To start using the Insurgency SDK, look for the following file:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\SDKLauncher.exe

Launch this file and it will allow you to access Hammer and Half-Life Model Viewer. These are the two main tools you need to get started.

Hammer is what is used to make maps. For more information about Valve's Hammer Editor please visit their wiki page.

More information on how to set up Insurgency specific entities as well as test maps for mappers to reference will be coming soon, so stay tuned!

Note: Windows is the only operating system currently supported
OK?

I am trying to access Hammer via the SDK. Every time I start it up, it closes itself.

Checking Steam and looking under the Tools tab under Library.

I only have "Source SDK Base 2006" and "2007", Do I need to download "Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer" and "2013 Multiplayer"? Or do I need to download "Source SDK"?

I want to create maps for INS.

I am using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Hey there Mr. Bond.

You want Source SDK and Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, I believe. I have them all installed.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki...stallation

Great site for reference too! I use it often.

Is it possible to map for Insurgency on an I-Mac?

I can get to that folder, but i can't find SDKlauncher anywhere, is that because it's Windows only?

I haven't done any map making in about 2 months, and since then, I have moved my Steam folder over to a new drive.  I have had no issues at all, until I went to open the Hammer World Editor...and I get the error below, which I have never seen.  How do I go about fixing this error? 

** Edit: I see it is showing C: drive, but it is now in my G: drive.  I checked the properties of Hammer and the SDK Launcher, and they both show G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin

I also have the 'gameinfo.txt' in G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency

...but how would I go about having it load from G: instead of C:\?  I don't even have Steam stuff on my C: drive anymore.

[Image: hammer_error.png]

Steam: D3N3A (Denea)

Twitter: Denea_AGE

[Image: 76561198013250926.png]

Ok, I fixed the problem.  I located my Game Config in "bin", and even though I had transferred everything over to a new drive (GSmile, it kept the directories in the Game Config as my old drive (CSmile.

I just changed all the main directories, and everything works.

I am posting this, just in case someone else has this same issue down the road.

Quote:BEFORE
Game config in G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin

"Configs"

{

"Games"

{

"Insurgency"

{

"GameDir"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency"

"Hammer"

{

"GameData0"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\insurgency.fgd"

"TextureFormat"        "5"

"MapFormat"        "4"

"DefaultTextureScale"        "0.250000"

"DefaultLightmapScale"        "16"

"GameExe"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency.exe"

"DefaultSolidEntity"        "func_detail"

"DefaultPointEntity"        "info_player_start"

"BSP"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vbsp.exe"

"Vis"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vvis.exe"

"Light"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vrad.exe"

"GameExeDir"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2"

"MapDir"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\sdk_content\maps"

"BSPDir"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency\maps"

"PrefabDir"        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\Prefabs"

"CordonTexture"        "tools\toolsskybox"

"MaterialExcludeCount"        "0"

}

}

}

"SDKVersion"        "6"

}

AFTER

"Configs"

{

"Games"

{

"Insurgency"

{

"GameDir"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency"

"Hammer"

{

"GameData0"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\insurgency.fgd"

"TextureFormat"        "5"

"MapFormat"        "4"

"DefaultTextureScale"        "0.250000"

"DefaultLightmapScale"        "16"

"GameExe"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency.exe"

"DefaultSolidEntity"        "func_detail"

"DefaultPointEntity"        "info_player_start"

"BSP"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vbsp.exe"

"Vis"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vvis.exe"

"Light"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\vrad.exe"

"GameExeDir"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2"

"MapDir"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\sdk_content\maps"

"BSPDir"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency\maps"

"PrefabDir"        "G:\Games\steamapps\common\insurgency2\bin\Prefabs"

"CordonTexture"        "tools\toolsskybox"

"MaterialExcludeCount"        "0"

}

}

}

"SDKVersion"        "6"

}

Steam: D3N3A (Denea)

Twitter: Denea_AGE

[Image: 76561198013250926.png]

Is Mac Supported Yet

How do you mod new content into the hammer editor?