http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...qZN7wXzs8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...1nM5CBJbV4

[Image: sound_pack_small.jpg] [Image: reticle_pack_small.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...zfKkF8oDxU

E3 Articles Page:
http://serellan.com/2013/06/e3-press-roundup/

Screenshots & Content Page:
http://serellan.com/2013/06/takedown-content-release/

I've been following the progress of  Takedown since day 1 and has been my most anticipated game since Raven Shield died nearly ten years ago. It is set to release later this year.

My 2nd Runner up is Ground Branch, a game most of you have probably never heard of, but they failed to meet their kick-starter funding goal and have since been on a slow development path Sad

My 3rd most anticipated game was

Insurgency 2, which as you know has been doing an incredible job considering it is still in its early development stages.

I mostly prefer to play 1 life 1 objective close quarter first person shooter games that offer the ability to lean left & right and focus on realism and realistic scenarios. Most games do not offer this at all. In my opinion, these are the only strong contenders in the past decade to offer these features and so far only 1 of the 3, Insurgency, is currently playable to the public. I predict that Insurgency will be the strongest contender when it comes to the offering the most "realistic feel", which to me is more important than sexy looks and eye candy.

And we will continue to do whatever we can to enhance and perfect that feel. The maps, gamemodes, coop... all that will naturally progress as we get to launch, and even after. We are working to enhance the game as a platform so that the community has tons of power in creating new content (maps, loadouts, asymmetry, maybe even custom game modes and new weapons). I will have to check out takedown and see what we can learn from them. =)

Thanks for the post!
I have been following this for some time too, looks like a must-buy. Smile

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
I've been checking in on their forums from time to time, but hadn't actually seen any of the in-game footage that surfaced during E3. It's nice to hear they have weapon collision in the game already, although the 3rd person animations still look very robotic in some instances...crouching has a bad case of "pop up" jack in the box syndrome. The video which shows the ACOG also doesn't seem to have any breathing sway or disturbance caused by your footsteps. I'm sure they will work on these things before release and it's nice to finally see what this project is building up to.

I still think it's a testament to the INS team that the basic mechanics are already so complete, when by comparison, projects like Takedown and Ground Branch have been in development for just as long, or longer, yet are missing many of these basic elements.

They are all good games, but they all fall short when it comes to realism. This isn't a big problem, but sometimes the simplest unrealistic feature can completely ruin a game. One day a game will exist that offers that true "realism" feel with realistic physics and mechanics. The problem for me is... I have patience, but I don't have time. Meaning... In 10 years I probably won't be playing games anymore, so it would be nice if a true realistic game existed sooner than later.

Takedown has a very large audience considering the game has not even released yet. It will definitely be a huge success. They are trying to stick to the old school 1 life gameplay style, but they have to satisfy both the realism junky and the arcade COD player, so it should be an interesting balance of mechanics. No matter what, it will be a very fun game to play and I'm sure I will be hooked to the gills. I will definitely be playing Takedown competitively, I just hope to god they have good ai and hostage rescue scenario. From looking at their movies, their ai seem kind of dumb, sort of like the ai from Raven Shield where they just kind of stand and run around in a very unnatural manner.

Far Cry 1 had ai that performed better than most of the games on the market today. In far Cry 1 the bots used to scream out all kinds of tactics to each other and they would flank and try to hide behind trees and they didn't always know where you were. They never used aimbot on a noticeable scale like the games that we play today. The bots also had individual attitudes and moods, and often would speak to each other in full blown long conversations, which kept things feeling very real. You would think that the newer games on the market today would have followed in the footsteps of the older games that did things better, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a priority to the developers of today's fps games. Realistic ai is very important to me. Most games have limitations as to how far they go when it comes to making their ai seem real. Besides the actual development limitations, there are also time and money limitations, which seem to be the bigger factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqKrBQReGSI

Quote:They are all good games, but they all fall short when it comes to realism. This isn't a big problem, but sometimes the simplest unrealistic feature can completely ruin a game. One day a game will exist that offers that true "realism" feel with realistic physics and mechanics. The problem for me is... I have patience, but I don't have time. Meaning... In 10 years I probably won't be playing games anymore, so it would be nice if a true realistic game existed sooner than later.

Takedown has a very large audience considering the game has not even released yet. It will definitely be a huge success. They are trying to stick to the old school 1 life gameplay style, but they have to satisfy both the realism junky and the arcade COD player, so it should be an interesting balance of mechanics. No matter what, it will be a very fun game to play and I'm sure I will be hooked to the gills. I will definitely be playing Takedown competitively, I just hope to god they have good ai and hostage rescue scenario. From looking at their movies, their ai seem kind of dumb, sort of like the ai from Raven Shield where they just kind of stand and run around in a very unnatural manner.

Far Cry 1 had ai that performed better than most of the games on the market today. In far Cry 1 the bots used to scream out all kinds of tactics to each other and they would flank and try to hide behind trees and they didn't always know where you were. They never used aimbot on a noticeable scale like the games that we play today. The bots also had individual attitudes and moods, and often would speak to each other in full blown long conversations, which kept things feeling very real. You would think that the newer games on the market today would have followed in the footsteps of the older games that did things better, but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a priority to the developers of today's fps games. Realistic ai is very important to me. Most games have limitations as to how far they go when it comes to making their ai seem real. Besides the actual development limitations, there are also time and money limitations, which seem to be the bigger factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqKrBQReGSI

Ya I've been playing a ton of FPS as well.

FarCry just built off of the great AI that was featured in Half-Life. I remember how amazed I was when I saw the Grunts actually run to cover to reload their weapons. When you took cover from them, they threw grenades and If you got close to one of them, he would begin to melee you, then all of the grunts would close in and form a circle around, kicking you, it felt like a group beating, lol.

The only advantage of the AI in FarCry was they were able to fire and move at the same time, allowing them to fire around corners facing you in and out of cover.

It's available on steam now!!!

I'm the first Insurgency player to purchase TAKEDOWN.

Suck it bitches!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I can't wait, this game is going to be fucking... (monster truck voice)
AWESOME!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

...cue loud death metal

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236510/

[Image: Screen_Shot_2012_03_21_at_3_33_39_PM.png]

Prolly gonna buy it and hope I'll like it =).
[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
Thanks for the tip, just became Insurgency player number 2 (or 3) buying this game. Smile

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
Preordered.

[Image: ins-sig.jpeg]

Co-founder & Creative Director of Insurgency
I think insurgency check point will be as good as this game.

The game doesnt look realistic to me at all. Yo ucan see the  amount of ammo left, there is nearly no sway and the weapon is glued to your screen. Looks cheap tbh

game looks ok... tbh though it seems like another dev company that is funded by some rich dude who doesn't understand video games.
www.twitch.tv/ryukolink

"tao of tribe already known to u. challenge of understand tao of tribe is not 2 learn new truth, it is 2 forget old falsehood." © TAO

I hope those animations...aren't the final animations...

I was excited about this game because it's supposed to be realistic, but everything I just saw was a Rainbow Six clone fail.

I'll wait for some post release reviews/gameplay footage before buying.  If it's awesome I'll buy it then.

Maybe people who play INS and Takedown can all play together some day.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."