I bought TD and don't regret. While the game happened to be a little dissapointing in some areas for the time being, the amount spent was not big, and the devs are working on the issues. I wish them good luck. The only problem was they should have released it as Early Access/Beta, and not the Final Full Release. If the game is not a commercial success, well... it is a niche game and made by a small company. But I hope the devs will continue to support it and the game will have best available AI so playing SP or coop with few players make sense. Having said that I continue to enjoy Insurgency and hope it will also have SWAT-like missions, so I have my favourite tactical fps genre alive if TD fails (CS:GO not meeting all the requirements). I agree Insurgency is well prepared for that role too.
Si vis pacem, para bellum...
SWAT Theatre for CO-OP wouldn't be a bad idea. All we would need is some character skins, restrict SWAT to the M9, MP5, UMP, M4, M14 and give them the M1014. Force them to wear heavy armour. Give them flash and smoke grenades. Objectives could include rescuing hostages, disarming a bomb, securing stolen money. Just give all the bots balaclava's, AKM's, AKS74u's, TOZ's and UZI's.Sounds good to me Smile

Oh and I nearly forgot... Breach charges, riot shield and less than lethal ammunition for when you are required to take the tangos alive (maybe add cable ties too).

I love the idea :-)

tomgor, I'm wondering if you have played Ministry_coop checkpoint since the latest release?

Quote:tomgor, I'm wondering if you have played Ministry_coop checkpoint since the latest release?

I played ministry checkpoint + outpost the other day and it was ALOT of fun. Normally I stick to PVP but co op is becoming really good. A few more AI improvements, maybe give them a better reaction time and it will be great.

Also about the SWAT idea, it doesn't even have to be SWAT... Could be a special task force sent in to rescue POW's, search for WMD's, eliminate a HVT.
Quote:tomgor, I'm wondering if you have played Ministry_coop checkpoint since the latest release?

Yesterday. What is your point? I think you mean Ministry map in now more typical for CT-like ops, and I agree. I have enjoyed coop at Ministry.
Quote:I played ministry checkpoint + outpost the other day and it was ALOT of fun. Normally I stick to PVP but co op is becoming really good. A few more AI improvements, maybe give them a better reaction time and it will be great.

Also about the SWAT idea, it doesn't even have to be SWAT... Could be a special task force sent in to rescue POW's, search for WMD's, eliminate a HVT.

Fully agree - it does not have to have name SWAT. I meant kind of ops.

I too observe better and better coop play, Nextbots are getting smater or what....

Regarding reaction times - with ins_bot_difficulty 3 they are really quick, sometimes even too quick or I am getting too old :-)

That's why Takedown sounded so good to me when it was announced :-D
Yeh, when I say make it like Swat I mean from a gameplay not a thematic perspective (though i wouldn't object to a SWAT mod):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TNM4IFQARs

Considering that that game came out 14 years ago, the AI is still fairly impressive. Would be cool if Insurgency had a similar context sensitive command system (i.e. look at a doorway and have the option to stack up/breach and clear).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zg4OMScy7g

I quite liked number 4, but probably prefer 3.

Yep! SWAT4 I have considered the best tactical FPS/FPP ever. I would love to play it again - hopefully GoG will have it soon available as they have already SWAT 3 (http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/swat_4). Of course unless Insurgency (if not Takedown) is able to fill up that big hole, and I don't need SWAT4 anymore :-)

Quote:Yep! SWAT4 I have considered the best tactical FPS/FPP ever. I would love to play it again - hopefully GoG will have it soon available as they have already SWAT 3 (http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/swat_4). Of course unless Insurgency (if not Takedown) is able to fill up that big hole, and I don't need SWAT4 anymore :-)

I have never played a SWAT game but love the rainbow six series. CO-OP should be all about tactics and teamwork. You should be able to plan your attack with your team before you start. There should be a team leader who decides where the squads deploy and how to go about the assualt. I would like to see some afghan compounds both in co op and pvp. In co op you must plan your entry and then complete an object, then get to the extract. You could have bots waiting inside, you could have bots waiting outside or they might even wait for you to secure the objective and then ambush you. I think it would make for some intense gameplay. Compounds would work well for pvp too. With lots of walls , dark indoor areas and vantage points to defend.

Fully agree.
It's nice to see that they are still fixing things, adding new features and adding new content to their game.

I haven't played the game in a while, but wow I love the new map in this video 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YSinL3Rx68

[Image: sound_pack_small.jpg] [Image: reticle_pack_small.jpg]

I've been desperately watching Ground Branch as well, their animations (esp sight-in) and sounds are INCREDIBLE, plus both games have dramatically better CQB maps than INS.