943 ppl playing atm, not sure if it is more or less than expected Big Grin.

(also installing, quite excited I have to say)
[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
I can't wait to hear if this game lives up to the hype. 

My guess is that people will say what they would say before they played it for the most part. Those who want to like it will still like it and those who want to hate it will still hate it. I don't think it is going to sway many people either way.

I, for one, just want to see 2 weeks from now and see what people think then. I suspect the hype to wear off and flaws to start being whined about pretty loudly.

Good turn out though, Hope they make some money Smile

No players at any server for me. :/

Also I dont like the movement and the sounds are so soft.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
*edit

Nothing I've seen from twitch streams and reviews have been good.

I'll pass on this game.  It looks like complete fail.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
A full released game and worst than INS alpha stage...I hope they can fix some of it issue asap. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxgc54nGGY

I am very entertained because there's so many that paid those guys money.

It is a bit annoying when you can't even bind keys properly :/. MP seems a bit difficult to get working too =(.

[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
Yeah, atm pretty disappointing, but lets not forget that it took 4 patches for RvS to be good. I mean it's just been released, let's see what happens next.

On all the streams it seems everyone has more fun trying to find ways to make funny Text-To-Speech phrases than actually play the game.  Lol..that's pretty bad.

*edit

LMFAO, this is one of the guys I was talking about.  It has batman, scoobydoo, A-team, etc  Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzyGPfIcEA

*edit

Not even 24 hours after release and 20 pages of this?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236510/dis...735071940/

Quote:<div>
There are a lot of players, like myself, that loved playing Raven Shield. Raven Shield slowly started to die out around 2005. There has not been another game like Raven Shield to surface ever since. Most all games since then have offered respawn, health regeneration and other abilities that have ruined the old-school gameplay style. What Takedown tried to do was bring back Raven Shield and make it better and they allow players to use iron sights and they removed the reticle. These were the only 2 complaints I had about Raven Shield.

The most popular Raven Shield PvP game modes were Team Death Match and Attack & Defend. Coop Terrorist Hunt was extremely popular too. This is all Takedown really needed focus on and deliver, and they have done exact that. They currently do not have the money or the time to deliver other less popular game modes, nor do they ever really need to. I knew all along from the very beginning that this is exactly what they planned to deliver. This is all I ever wanted. This is all any Raven Shield fan would ask for. They never had any plans to release an extremely realistic game. I don't know why anybody would think that. I don't know why people are complaining about anything, especially when most the people that are complaining haven't even tried the game since it has not released yet. It's pretty simple, if people don't like what Takedown has to offer, they don't have to buy it, it's pretty obvious that they never played Raven Shield and have no understanding for why Takedown's Kickstarter was a success.

Takedown will deliver a very awesome "Raven Shield" style competitive PvP game that doesn't offer childish and unrealistic things like respawn and health regeneration. It will deliver that classic "Ghost Recon" and "Rainbow Six" look & feel from back in the day when old-school games were King. Currently there are no games out there that focus on this at all. The closest thing you will find is CS:GO, which doesn't offer the ability to lean left or right, doesn't let you use iron sights, doesn't let you switch fire mode, is full of bunny hoppers and players that just want to run and gun the entire time. Nobody could run and gun in Raven shield and they won't be able to run and gun in Takedown either. You basically cannot run. You can't jump either.

Really, what other games since Raven Shield have delivered a game that focuses on the same old-school gameplay? None.

Yeah, there are a lot of things that Takedown could tweak and make better, but they are doing the best they can with what little resources they have. To think that they have already managed to deliver a game that is much better than Raven Shield is pretty amazing considering that Takedown is not being funded by big names like Tom Clancy, Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft. It was funded by players that are getting exactly what they were promised. I am extremely happy and I'm not easy to please. I highly recommend this game to any serious competitive player or fan of Raven Shield.

</div>

<div>I just wanted to highlight this post and tell you it made my night.  You could be a politician with a post like that.
If you truly believe this game is as awesome as you thought it would be after playing it or watching it you have no credibility in asking for changes to Insurgency as you clearly have no idea what makes a great game.  I can honestly say Takedown is like Diablo 3; a huge disappointment and utter crap.  The PvP was probably the worst I've seen for a game.  Absolutely terrible.
I haven't even played the game but won't be wasting my time doing so.  This is why I wait for hyped games to release so I don't have to suffer the consequences of being scammed out of my money, even if it's <$20.

Oh and they raised the price of the game to $15 since people have been posting negative reviews.  I would try to cash out before people stop buying it too.

</div>
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxgc54nGGY

I am very entertained because there's so many that paid those guys money.

lol.... I'm sure this game failed, because free America's Army as one of dev's cried.
¡ǝɹǝɥ ǝƃɐɹǝʌǝq ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'uɐɯ 'lnɟǝɹɐɔ

[Image: adi.gif] [Image: Ntr2SjW.png]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJYIHZ4b...r_embedded

[Image: ins-sig.jpeg]

Co-founder & Creative Director of Insurgency
I'll be honest, I much as I appreciate that there are devs out there trying to bring back tactical and/or realistic shooters, this doesn't look good at all so far.

Is there anything else than co-op footage? Why is nobody showing any pure no-AI multiplayer?

[Image: 76561198031598996.png]

Quote:I'll be honest, I much as I appreciate that there are devs out there trying to bring back tactical and/or realistic shooters, this doesn't look good at all so far.

Is there anything else than co-op footage? Why is nobody showing any pure no-AI multiplayer?

Because multiplayer is broken, lol.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
I feel bad for the development team.

Me.
It's worth mentioning the Cynical Brit's initial preview of the game wasn't as negative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...79C8NJCntQ

In that video, the AI mostly works free of issue, and he doesn't get disconnected from singleplayer, alltogether it doesn't look too bad. I wonder how much he went "looking" for the bugs in his follow up  - whether they happen rarely, or so frequently you find them within minutes.

In any case, I think the Takedown devs just made one mistake: releasing the game without the "Early Release" and "Beta" labels. If they were there, people would be much less critical, much less disappointed, and much more willing to bear with the devs as they fix things. It seems random people are just wandering in from Steam expecting a finished AAA game, and then going apeshit when they wind out what it's really like.