For internal testing we will use the Beta branch of the game. To access the Beta branch, go into game properties, Beta tab, and opt in. There is no password. See the attachment in this thread further instruction.

Disclaimer: We must warn you that opting into Beta branch could cause issues with your game.

Nothing serious that couldn't generally be fixed with a "cache verification" or at the very worst case a fresh reinstall, but we must warn you that the Beta branch is an unreleased version of the game and will likely prevent you from accessing servers that are on the "default," non-internal version of the game. We do not advise you to play on it unless you are aware of this and it doesn't bother you. You can easily switch back to default if you wish to return to the non-internal version of the game.

This all being said, we appreciate those of you who are willing to break your game to help us test things out, and will be conducting Beta branch playtests regularly and hope we get a decent turn-out so we can get the game in as solid of a place before we put out official updates.

Thanks!

Updated 10/20/13

Please use this forum to post feedback on internal versions of the game.
Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
I can not connect to any server for testing...Have own server for this class beta?
Quote: 

<div>I can not connect to any server for testing...Have own server for this class beta?

</div>

The server must be running the beta as well.
Is there any changelog available yet? (To focus on testing changes first)

- Rent this space! -  
ive never had problems at the alpha, never got stuck or had crashes nor glitches, so i am in for the beta branch to see if i can help out.

well umm.. i can't seem to connect to servers because they do not appear on the list, yet i tested 2 maps and everything looks the same to me.. if there is a changelog we need to know about, what specifically we need to search for testing, please inform us.

No changelog ... No server ... No test ...

[Image: spartacus.jpg]

2-No changelog ... No server ... No test ...
all I care about...

hitbox reduction - specifically the head hitbox size
POV fixes

if those two things are done then itll be an amazing patch and competition will thrive..

next I want a better spectate mode and a spectator team you can join, as well as be able to view spectators on the scoreboard

www.twitch.tv/ryukolink

"tao of tribe already known to u. challenge of understand tao of tribe is not 2 learn new truth, it is 2 forget old falsehood." © TAO

When a server with beta is live, it would be a good thing if someone posted it in the forum, Nonetheless Great news.

So the process?

Quote:2-No changelog ... No server ... No test ...
snowden's fault
[Image: nJ9iXaT.png]
We won't provide an actual changelog until the official update is released. As for the lack of server and lack of test, we are looking for someone to host a server, and once one is up we can post an official event on our game group for a test session.

Quote:all i care about...

hitbox reduction - specifically the head hitbox size

POV fixes

I've fixed the hitboxes this morning. You were right, they were pretty off (especially the head).

Will work on POV fixes this afternoon. Just to clarify, you mean the head in first person aligning with the head in first person correct?

Jeremy Blum
Founder & Game Director
New World Interactive
this is sad ....  ask some company for free hosting server or put some logos banners , advert in the map. Maybe velve help. 

Big ups.
[Image: boys.png?w=200&h=283]    [Image: small-ft2.png?w=590]

I am in the process of setting up a Beta server on the Pravda Academy [my clan's] server box. The server box is running Linux, and I can provide to any developer who asks both the rcon password, and if I get approval from the server's owner, ssh access, which will allow full remote administration of the Insurgency game files but no root access. I hope these arrangements will be found acceptable.