Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm having trouble spawning into a custom map i've been working on. I can load up the map, select my side, but then nothing further happens (it doesn't take me to the unit select screen) and all I can do is switch sides or spectate (spectate does work).

I've set up some ins_spawnpoits and attached them to the spawnZone correctly (as far as i can tell), and after 2 hours of searching for a solution online I've not been able to find anything of use. I'm used to mapping in for TF2 where you can simply place a spawn point, compile and run around your map without needing to set up game logic. Is that the case with DOI or am i missing something major here?

Thanks in advance.
gamelogic is needed in doi
if you want to understand you can look on my maps husky nomad lighthouse westwall ...

only decompile one and look how i made the map Smile
i think you then will understand how to enable your spawns
(09-04-2017, 00:26)Modtools Wrote: gamelogic is needed in doi
if you want to understand you can look on my maps husky nomad lighthouse westwall ...

only decompile one and look how i made the map Smile
i think you then will understand how to enable your spawns

I had a decompiled version of Crete and looking through the entity report only saw the spawn zones and spawn points as relevant to spawning a player. Have I missed an entity? 

Also i saw a lot of talk about a map.txt file being needed for game modes. I can't find an example of this anywhere though. Is this needed for quickly spawning into a map? I'm not looking to set up the map for play testing right now, just trying to get my scales correct.

EDIT: Ah i've found the example maps .txt files. Is there a specific folder they need to be in for the game to read them?
Ah the issue was that I was missing the map.txt file. All sorted!  Big Grin  Thanks for your reply!

[Image: s5AtODB.png]
no problem you can add me on steam : my name is modtools or madtec
then you can ask me directly Smile