Exclamation 
The biggest problem right now for me and my group of friends, who have a regiment on DOI, is when you select "Multiplayer" it gives you four options to choose from. Once you choose from those four options it automatically puts you into NWI dedicated servers. This completely hurts servers from other clan, units, and regiments from filling up with players (especially new players). Most of our recruitment and community comes from people joining our servers. Which brings up a question, why even make a dedicated server of our own when NWI funnels players to their servers... Dedicated servers owned by a third party helps to bring like minded people to enjoy a game they all love. Also, dedicated servers owned by a third party (usually clans, units, and regiments) enforces rules and punishes toxic players who would otherwise hurt the game and its community. Right now, the NWI dedicated servers have no ADMINS to weed out the hackers and toxic players. This can be a total turn off to new players, especially the mature gamers. I know their is a SMALL tab called "Browse Servers" on the top right in the Multiplayer feature and also a "Server Browser" on the BOTTOM of the main menu but those are easily overlooked by new players. Using myself as an example, I didn't even know those existed until someone told me. I just turned on the game, clicked on "Multiplayer", found a game with the lowest ping, and entered that server when I was new to the game. After a few months of playing I found servers I liked playing and added that server to my "Favorites". Now all my "Favorite" servers that were usually fully populated and had admins are empty, EMPTY!!! All I see is NWI servers with hackers and toxic players, which makes me stop playing the game.

Right now, I don't see any of the servers that I usually play in before the update because NWI has monopolized their own game with their own servers. I feel bad for people who pay for dedicated servers for DOI because now no one ever plays in them. These people are the most hardcore fans of DOI and NWI but now just got slapped in the face after months of their dedication in early access. Now that the game is coming out I feel like NWI just left them behind with no gratitude or thanks.

This game was suppose to be Day of Defeat Reborn, a game I love. The major reason I played Day of Defeat for years was because the server I loved, which was owned by a clan called "Grimms Army (GA)" weeded out the toxic players and hackers. I eventually joined them and played DOD for years! Greatest memories was playing DOD in their server, that I helped run with donations, and having many laughs. Yea, the game was good but it's the community that kept me around.

Cpl. M. Libs (508th PIR)-1ASL- aka. ILoveCostcoPizza
+1 508th

T/5 Keeyes, 1st Ranger Battalion
+1, we have a hand full of members and we are considering moving to a different game due to this new feature. I used to be in the 1st Ranger Battalion and talking to some of them it seems like a handicap towards unit development. Seems puzzling to turn on the communities and units that helped you along the way. Organizations help keep games alive and also gives great feedback on features that work and features that seem to hurt the game. Right now you are  crippling us and we hope you will give us a crutch and help us out before we decide to move on. The ball is your court.
(23-03-2017, 15:44)Ordak [2nd ID] Wrote: +1, we have a hand full of members and we are considering moving to a different game due to this new feature. I used to be in the 1st Ranger Battalion and talking to some of them it seems like a handicap towards unit development. Seems puzzling to turn on the communities and units that helped you along the way. Organizations help keep games alive and also gives great feedback on features that work and features that seem to hurt the game. Right now you are  crippling us and we hope you will give us a crutch and help us out before we decide to move on. The ball is your court.

It will be a shame to see you guys go because the game just came out and theirs not to many of us.
Yeah, this new game selection system is a bag of smashed dicks. Fix it.
502PIR is evaluating our options as well. There is no point in paying for services which can't even be utilized properly due to the game update.
+ 1 from diverse gaming, we have been renting a server for this game from the early days, when it was still a mod for insurgency. We left it abandoned just after release and not going back to it until that mess is fixed.
(28-03-2017, 15:08)Gunnm Wrote: + 1 from diverse gaming, we have been renting a server for this game from the early days, when it was still a mod for insurgency. We left it abandoned just after release and not going back to it until that mess is fixed.

Another +1, what's worse is that the terrible performance of the official servers.

You can see this in the console with:

net_graph 1
net_graphshowsvframerate 1
Yeah, the current system is really bad for custom servers. I will also never understand that "random playlist" choice you can make in the multiplayer menu. Is that for people that just can not decide which of the three other options to take? I mean, I either know what playlist I prefer, or dont know and just click/join at one of the three. It would be neat to have that fourth "random playlist" option turned into a "custom playlist" to directly join a non-official server that is crowded.
Even better would be a solution with both "multiplayer quick join" and "browse servers" mixed. You click at the playlistbuttons (casualbots/battle/tactical/custom) and get a (less detailed) list of crowded servers shown below. Either pick your server in there or just click at "join any" of that chosen playlist. Wasnt it like that some months ago? Iam not sure...
But that can help a lot, if people have an overview on whats possible to join at and especially, how crowded the playlists are.
It could look like this:
[Image: 64e4f066f364eb66dccb89da2a41aced.jpg]
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

How come my multiplayer option doesn't look like that? I only get the top half where it shows the 4 boxes. I don't get the server browser in the bottom...
(02-05-2017, 13:20)ILoveCostcoPizza Wrote: How come my multiplayer option doesn't look like that? I only get the top half where it shows the 4 boxes. I don't get the server browser in the bottom...

Thats because it was a suggestion I made how it could look like. Will tag it like that, forgot to do that, sorry.
[Image: 2MEKZ9N.png]

(02-05-2017, 15:42)mr.pink Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 13:20)ILoveCostcoPizza Wrote: How come my multiplayer option doesn't look like that? I only get the top half where it shows the 4 boxes. I don't get the server browser in the bottom...

Thats because it was a suggestion I made how it could look like. Will tag it like that, forgot to do that, sorry.

Nice, I really like that! Maybe add some Filters for the bottom server browser and it would be a huge improvement then what they currently have.