Because of the new join game system, are community servers just null and void? We've found it much more difficult to keep up community servers since NWI started the auto match system.

Any ideas how to keep our servers populated in your game? Or are small communities just going to have to die in this game? 9Komp and The Convention of Nations at http://www.9komp.com have been around since August 29th, 2016 and have admins available 24/7 in our teamspeak ts3.9komp.com:2040 Because of this, we can more effectively moderate the player base. At least make the menu selection more simplified, such as; "Join Default Server" and "Community Server Browser".

Thanks for any help/advice! I appreciate it.

A. "Rmerac" Cramer
Founder of 9.Kompanie and The Convention of Nations Study Group & League
http://www.9komp.com
I'm going to echo the sentiments of my counterpart here. With your new update, you've essentially given your community a big "**** YOU".

Community servers are considerably better ran considering most of us have admins available 24/7 and the server is not reliant on player driven votes. You've played you own game right? You've seen the random spam of vote to change maps, vote to scramble teams because some dipshits get upset? Now you want ALL of your new player base to experience the relentless spam of annoying votes? Oh, you team killed me once by accident, well I'll vote ban you and hey look it passed.

If you really want your game to be successful beyond just a player base, I strongly suggest you listen to your community or else we're all going to disappear. What made games like DODS fantastic, was the community. You don't need some silly system to force your new players into YOUR own servers because you are worried about their first experience.

Maybe you guys need to revisit this and make a "Play Now" option or stick with the original setup you already had. I know you guys won't even reply to me or 9komp here, but maybe if the rest of the community voiced their concerns over this, you guys might actually listen for once.
Not to mention, most of our communities have openly, publicly hosted raffles for multiple copies of Day of Infamy to help build not only ours but YOUR player and customer base. We have spent countless cash on servers that are only worth it if they are populated with new and regular players. Some thing must be done shortly before or after the official release. Otherwise this game will not see a future outside of competitive trolls, and that may even be short lived.

Hey Bullock, another "not-so-terrible" idea would be to gather all smaller communities into scheduled events taking turns between all of our voice/game servers throughout each week so we can actually have some fun scrimmaging or playing by our rules rather than the kids who you are referencing toward about the vote menu.

A. "Rmerac" Cramer
Founder of 9.Kompanie and The Convention of Nations Study Group & League
http://www.9komp.com
I love playing on community servers, weather it be CoN or 1st RB servers, as long as I am supporting the devs by playing the game and supporting the devs by playing on servers that's all that mattered to me until this new update. I already know how to work the server browser but its new players that I worry about. New life and blood into the community server stricken away by the quick play option most will click.
I have to second both the 1st RB and 9Komp opinions on this. Since that match making update, our servers went from being the most popular in DOI alongside the 1st RB to empty for days on end. Considering the fact we had the most popular servers within DOI as well as had developers playing on them at some point or another, I'd really suggest you, NWI, re-evaluate your stance on the match making.

If you don't you are going to lose your community. With Battalion 1944 starting Early Access in May 2017, a lot of groups and players will test that out. THey already have an advantage with 64 player servers, newer engine, etc.

You cannot alienate your community or your game will fail. Plain and Simple. If you don't care, then keep it up.

You'll regret it in the end.

Second Lieutenant
Holmes, Alex
Platoon Leader
First Platoon, Baker Company
Well this is a definite killer to any hopes we (2nd Infantry Division) has of growing into a community within the game. Seems very clear from this move that there will be no emphasis on growing, establishing, or even retaining units and communities. Units like the 1st RB might be able to stay alive due to having a large out reach but how long will that last? New members are drawn away from connecting to a server through the browser. This move does nothing but discourage the growth of communities. You may have a fan base but no community support.
Agreed, love DOI could you please just go back to how it was? or at least have the new players option for low ranks next to a server list. We all want this game to succeed but its hard to do if the community is unable to grow and retain.
I think the best solution is to make two giant boxes - one box that when clicked goes to the current selection of 4 gamemodes that transfers players to NWI servers, and one box that displays "server browser" that lets slightly more experienced players explore and find the server of their choosing. I really care about this game, and I hope you guys come to the conclusion that the current UI is not just going to screw over the units, but eventually your funding and community. When players find out that this game is toxic because the "default servers" don't have any admins moderating them and there are votes being spammed everywhere, they're going to rate your game negatively. The more negative ratings you get, the less purchases you get. Likewise, the community will become notorious for its toxicity because the NWI servers will be rife with spam, teamkill trolls, lack of admins, etc. Units like 1st RB and 502nd have been loyal to us players - in fact, their moderating has been so professional that I'd feel ashamed for them to spark out because of a (selfish?) feature like this. I'm sure you won't ever read our complaints, but if you do, I assure you that you won't regret fixing this new feature. Games as small as this will never get better if the community breaks down like this and seperates into several servers simply because you think their "first 20 minute impression" is pivotal in the game. If that were the case, you'd realize that NWI servers have a lack of admins and servers like 1st RB almost have moderators 24/7 making sure the environment is safe and welcoming.
I detest this update
This is by far, and I am going to agree with Mr. Bullock, the biggest "go F*ck yourself* I have seen ever by you guys. Currently, as it stands, there are only say, a couple hundred people playing Day of infamy at any given time, this already puts a huge constraint on realism units like the 9th Kompanie, or the 1st Ranger Battalion. Not to mention that realism units starting out, like the 2nd Infantry Division, have now been literally amputated and then told to run a marathon. If anything the new system will cripple the game as a whole, eventually players will stop playing, leading to the remaining players that are playing being spread out in servers all on their own, or with one or two other people. I think I speak for all the realism units here and the ones who have used your game as a realism platform in the past. The last thing we all want is our servers populated with only our members. I believe our units are less about the actual realism, but being able to share a bond of camaraderie, to fight along side people who share a similar interest. Units like the 1st Ranger Battalion, the 9th Kompanie SS division, and the 2nd Infantry Division want to share that interest with people who have just bought the game.
508th PIR here. We use to all jump in our servers and then in 30 mins or less it would full up. Now it's next to impossible to full up our servers. I also posted something recently also : https://forums.newworldinteractive.com/t...19623.html
I have to just reiterate how much this has affected our community servers. Everyone has already said all of what I can think of and I agree with all of it.
Top ranked servers don't just become ghost towns overnight. These servers were populated 20-24 hours a day, now we're lucky to even fill two a night. Please rethink your multiplayer menu. I don't even know people who want to be automatched - since Rogue Spear on 36.6k MSN Gaming Zone I and everyone I know have always hand picked our matches.

Look at the massive downturn in player population:
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

Oh, and, also, those rankings include Insurgency as well - so you're detracting players from your most popular server across two games.
This new join system is a mistake and really needs to be revised.

Please understand, that a lot of these people posting here, are individuals who are involved / created decent sized communities in Day of Infamy. Without these communities, let's be honest here, Day Of Infamy's player base would not be where it is today. These communities spent a lot of time and effort to organize and create a positive gaming experience for these players, which in turn, we see a lot of returning players coming back to play DOI. Sure this update won't kill all these communities or game overnight. But it will set any DOI community out there, on the road to failure. Furthermore, bleed out your players. Checking the server list at ANY TIME, I'd see 2/3s of all players, playing on these big community servers. By disregarding them, after they choose to build a community here, will force these communities to either close or move on to other games. Which these players will be left to join not so well managed servers. These communities aren't asking for much or for special treatment. They are simply asking to not disregard and destroy your player base or communities based in this game.

This is a good game.. But this update alone will eventually be DOI's downfall.

Just my two cents.

Challis*
Look out boys, you can already see what happens to communities when they get overridden by Matchmaking. Look to CSGO. Where are any 3rd party servers? gone or empty. Only takes a year or two.

I played on 9Komp the other day. I liked it slightly more than the default servers.