Yeah and I wonder why CS:GO has a growing community. Even newer players who aren't familiar with the CS franchise are playing it... hmm...

Anyway there's a whole lot of entitlement here however if they offer a simple solution I'm cool with it.
(23-03-2017, 16:31)phipboy Wrote: Anyway there's a whole lot of entitlement here however if they offer a simple solution I'm cool with it.

Way to try to troll phipboy.. *claps*
(23-03-2017, 12:37)Vulgarman Wrote: Look out boys, you can already see what happens to communities when they get overridden by Matchmaking.  Look to CSGO.  Where are any 3rd party servers? gone or empty.  Only takes a year or two.

I played on 9Komp the other day.  I liked it slightly more than the default servers.

I used to play alot of Counter Strike were I played a lot of community servers but never got into CSGO. Is their any 3rd party servers CSGO?

(23-03-2017, 16:31)phipboy Wrote: Anyway there's a whole lot of entitlement here however if they offer a simple solution I'm cool with it.

I been playing this game a few months but theirs people thats been with this game from the beginning and supported NWI. When they announced that this game was going to be a standalone they helped with the game during Early Access. They loved their game so much they rented servers and started a small dedicated community to DOI before most of us even heard about it. So yea these boys deserve to be listened too because its not cheap to run your own server. NWI needs to find a balance between new players and hardcore players.
Really dont care for the difficulty in finding servers hosted by different squads. I dont care to play on default servers or being forced to select a game mode. Give me a good server browser, ability to find private/password protected servers and the ability to see who is playing on a given server.
I haven't read through all the comments due to time restraints, so forgive me if I am repeating anything.

Now, I do see the reasoning behind filling official servers to ensure optimal gameplay. But I cannot stress enough what a mistake yall have made.

I, like the many others here, have been here since alpha, or even when DOI was a mod for Insurgency. I have 375 hours racked up from playing Day of Infamy, and that may seem like a lot of time to some, but these communities that you are effectively killing have put so much more time into their communities, their servers, their players and this game. This game would not be where it is today without these communities. And if you continue to allow this to happen, these communities will die, and Day of Infamy will die with it. I promise you that.

The number one reason I have enjoyed this game so much and have been such a strong supporter is because it is different, it does not play into the norm of most modern shooters that are out right now. This game went in its own direction, and the communities of this game tie into that. But these last few updates I have seen DOI stray more and more towards ‘normal’ shooters. This match making change is only one example. DOI will not stand well up against other modern shooters if it is the same. If I wanted to play a game like other modern shooters, I would play other modern shooters. They look better, they have a lot more players, and even run better than DOI does. What gives DOI its edge is its community, and its uniqueness. When you think of any Call of Duty game, what comes to mind? When you think of Day of Infamy, what comes to mind? Now yes the gameplay has a lot of differences, but the differences in these communities stand out much more.

I have become EXTREMELY disappointed in NWI with these last few updates; ruining the Comacchio map, (that used to be my favorite map before yall turned it to garbage) removing the STG44, and other gameplay changes. Now with these gameplay changes, I can live with, they are only my opinion and many may disagree with whether those changes were good/bad. But I think everyone here can agree that the matchmaking needs to be changed to shed some more light back onto the communities that helped create this game. This goes deeper than gameplay, this is one of the main things that has shaped DOI into what it is today.

NWI I hope you will listen.

(P.S) Please change Comacchio back to the way it was, I loved that map Smile
It was so fun defending that church, and the church tower was cool too.
(23-03-2017, 23:54)ILoveCostcoPizza Wrote:
(23-03-2017, 12:37)Vulgarman Wrote: Look out boys, you can already see what happens to communities when they get overridden by Matchmaking.  Look to CSGO.  Where are any 3rd party servers? gone or empty.  Only takes a year or two.

I played on 9Komp the other day.  I liked it slightly more than the default servers.

I used to play alot of Counter Strike were I played a lot of community servers but never got into CSGO. Is their any 3rd party servers CSGO?

the only custom/community servers that are regularly populated are minigames servers which have no matchmaking equivalent.  Try making a custom de map and getting anyone or anywhere to play it.  Betcha can't.

All the players are on official valve matchmaking servers.

If you want to let NWI know, we need to be emailing the devs directly.  posting on the forums thinking you'll reach devs is for the noobs.
(24-03-2017, 15:52)Vulgarman Wrote:
(23-03-2017, 23:54)ILoveCostcoPizza Wrote:

the only custom/community servers that are regularly populated are minigames servers which have no matchmaking equivalent.  Try making a custom de map and getting anyone or anywhere to play it.  Betcha can't.

All the players are on official valve matchmaking servers.

If you want to let NWI know, we need to be emailing the devs directly.  posting on the forums thinking you'll reach devs is for the noobs.

Actually, we already emailed the devs. Not me personally but someone from our unit who has been with the devs from the beginning has. Pretty sure they "occasionally" read the forums because I seen a lot of changes in the game that were posted in the forums. Plus, the forums is also a place where the community can discuss about the game.
ALL of 9Komp servers were top 5 during the months of August, September, October, November, and December. Things took a turn a long time ago with the Beta update, but in late Feb things started getting better until this update that ridded us from the view of new incoming players.

http://9komp.com/community/newsletters/20161007.png
http://9komp.com/community/newsletters/20161014.png

Last year this game allowed community managers to get their money's worth very easily and quickly for renting servers. I don't mind that some players do not care for unit servers, but for the sake of compromising, the players who disagree should have to tick a box that says "Default Servers Only" in the Server Browser.

-------------------

Also it is quite weird that CoN had 2 completely full servers yesterday then after only hours they are emptied yet a couple community servers were still full. 9Komp/Con has been around since Alpha and never had issues filling our servers, but suddenly these new communities (or newer to the game at least) are populating quicker than some of the ones who have been around since the beginning. How does one get their communities' servers in the auto match list?

A. "Rmerac" Cramer
Founder of 9.Kompanie and The Convention of Nations Study Group & League
http://www.9komp.com
I'm sorry dude but you do not have admins 24/7 on your server, in fact every time I am on it there are no admins and your server fills up with afks because no one can kick them. Should seriously just let players vote on it.
(22-03-2017, 18:52)Bullock [1st RB] Wrote: I'm going to echo the sentiments of my counterpart here. With your new update, you've essentially given your community a big "**** YOU".

Community servers are considerably better ran considering most of us have admins available 24/7 and the server is not reliant on player driven votes. You've played you own game right? You've seen the random spam of vote to change maps, vote to scramble teams because some dipshits get upset? Now you want ALL of your new player base to experience the relentless spam of annoying votes? Oh, you team killed me once by accident, well I'll vote ban you and hey look it passed.

If you really want your game to be successful beyond just a player base, I strongly suggest you listen to your community or else we're all going to disappear. What made games like DODS fantastic, was the community. You don't need some silly system to force your new players into YOUR own servers because you are worried about their first experience.  

Maybe you guys need to revisit this and make a "Play Now" option or stick with the original setup you already had. I know you guys won't even reply to me or 9komp here, but maybe if the rest of the community voiced their concerns over this, you guys might actually listen for once.
Quote:"available 24/7"
 I didn't say they were on the server 24/7, but if you need to find an admin, add one of us to your friends.
Dsouth - it takes just as much time to send me a SF as it does a vote kick - I've never once got a message from you about AFK. We can't police what we don't know is there. And I'm available 5a-12a. The problem with allowing vote kick is the trolls that take advantage of it.

Seriously - fry it - page me or an admin anytime of the day and I bet someone responds. We try our best to ensure a quality playing experience in our servers at all times. Hope everyone enjoys them and keep a coming back via the browser.
My comment was not meant to insult, just an observation. It is just frustrating when it's down to final waves and it that last guy or two on your team is afk. And I enjoy yalls server a lot, I'll add y'all on steam.
It's getting really difficult now. Everytime I notice 1st RB or [CoN]'s server in the list, not even an hour or two later they're depopulated again due to the NWI default servers. There are just so many taking players.

A. "Rmerac" Cramer
Founder of 9.Kompanie and The Convention of Nations Study Group & League
http://www.9komp.com
502PIR is in the same boat with this one. Fills up we have a good time for a few hours and then it drops off like no other. There is no gradual leaving then filling again. it goes from full to 0 at the snap of a finger.
Same here, renting a server for months now for DG, little small community but we managed to keep ppl interested to come back to us and we did fill the server a lot. Now its just dumb how long it takes to get ppl on and how nwi just grabbed the ppl that came on our server-without saying anything-. Also the playlist casual with bots must be a joke. Just allow 5 bots on the mp battles list just like before, so servers can kick off easier in early hours. Nobody joins mp casual with bots...nice try but pls dont.