Hello Insurgency forums!

Earlier today I hopped onto my favorite Russian hardcore server which was running the map 'Contact' with the 'Skirmish' game mode. It didn't take me long until I realised why I was enjoying this play session more than any other I'd had for a long time: I could move about freely.

The spacious streets combined with numerous building interiors and a variety of different routes was a welcome change from the usual grind that I often see on other maps. Obviously the Skirmish game mode played a role in opening up the map in my mind and presenting me with different options to consider i.e. defending my teams cache, attacking the enemies' cache or going to the centre objective. But I have no doubt that the map itself, which looks to me like an expanded version of the 'Siege' map, changed my perception entirely and gave me a new joy from Insurgency which I hadn't felt for a long time.

I decided to set up an account and post this thread because the issue of small map sizes has been on my mind for a long while. But it wasn't until today that I realised that Insurgency can work with larger maps, even if Contact is admittedly not that large compared with those world spaces found in other games such as Squad, Arma, Red Orchestra etc. I have seen modders do beautiful stuff with this game, and I've replaced most of the original sounds and almost all the weapon models with custom ones made by these modders. While I see this customisability as a core aspect of what makes Insurgency fun to play, I do believe that there is more potential to this game than simply taking your finely crafted HD battle rifle with you down the same narrow passageways and cramped quarters over and over again.

I do not intend this to be a jab at the people who have made and are maintaining Insurgency; indeed, I am very greatful to the entire team for giving us gamers this platform from which we can virtually shoot each other up from the safety and comfort of our mother's basements the places we call home. But please consider this issue, so that we can continue playing Insurgency with joy and bliss rather than a resigned sense of duty that we must once again storm the 'A' point on Sinjar.

I hope I have posted this in the correct sub-forum, and I send my best puppy-wishes to all who read this post.
Dead puppy.

Yeah I agree.
(17-03-2017, 16:16)Tough Wrote: I do not intend this to be a jab at the people who have made and are maintaining Insurgency; indeed, I am very greatful to the entire team for giving us gamers this platform from which we can virtually shoot each other up from the safety and comfort of our mother's basements the places we call home. But please consider this issue, so that we can continue playing Insurgency with joy and bliss rather than a resigned sense of duty that we must once again storm the 'A' point on Sinjar.

I hope I have posted this in the correct sub-forum, and I send my best puppy-wishes to all who read this post.
discriminating against a mothers attic dweller?

i guess what im saying is i dont care if you are a puppy or a monster in war. Puppies maybe easier to get along with but if you enter war being a "puppy" even a "tough-puppy" you'll probably die pretty fast

yeah I do think storming the A point is a little tedious. That's why I mentioned in another post that maps could be bigger, and also suggested the squads could be more split up so strategically the A point on sinjar and other d-day maps (d probably stands for death-day) the other maps with brutal attack points would be softened and distracted by the first squad so the second could more realistically succeed.
when 9.5/10 advances fail you need a card to play so thats where making one squad into cannon fodder could work.