Specify the spawn zones and capture zones in the mapname.txt file. This should be in the same folder as the map and specify a game mode, objectives and spawns.

For block zones, you must associate them with the spawn zones. Simply put the block zone name in the spawn zone's properties.

Another important thing about Insurgency mapping are the spawn zone names. You should use the same name for both team's spawn zones. So the Sec first spawn zone will be named "spawnzone_1" and the Ins first spawn zone will also be named "spawnzone_1". This spawnzone should have a blockzone associated with it. Spawnzones should also be small as there is spawnprotection and you do not want it abused. The block zone should be large because the enemy caught inside of a blockzone brush is able to leave the brush, but they can't enter the brush. So it's better to get them caught inside the brush, rather than behind it.

All spawns should be set to start disabled.

Set block zones  to start disabled.

All objectives should be set to start enabled.

Code:
"cpsetup.txt"
{        
    "push"
    {
        "AttackingTeam"        "security"
        "controlpoint"        "pushpoint_01"
        "controlpoint"        "pushpoint_02"
        "controlpoint"        "pushpoint_03"

"spawnzones"
        {
            "0"  "spawnzone_1"
            "1"  "spawnzone_2"
            "2"  "spawnzone_3"
        }
    }

"skirmish"
        {
                      "controlpoint" "cap_a"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_b"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_c"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_d"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_e"

"spawnzones"
                      {
                              "0" "spawnzone_1"
                      }
        }

"firefight"
        {
                      "controlpoint" "cap_a"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_b"
                      "controlpoint" "cap_c"

"spawnzones"
                     {
                               "0" "spawnzone_1"
                     }
        }
}

still be nice to have example vmfs and example script files in the sdk folder

[Image: x10e.jpg]

I'm working on those right now. Should be out in next release.

I'll also be posting some more info/guide here.

Is this new logic mandatory? Or does the old logic still works? I ask because this logic won't fit my current push map. The spawn zone move is not symetric. Some captures changes the spawn zone of insurgent but not the one of security. And the opposite too. I also have animations that trigger on capture.

Also, i noticed 90% of custom maps i have crash my client on load now Sad  Even the demo maps inside the sdk_content. If i run insurgency +map sdk_push, for example, it will just crash.... Am i the only one experiencing this issue??

[R A F] 

The crashing may be due to not having spawns defined in your text file.

For spawnzone that you don't want to move, make two spawnzones that overlap, but are named differently.

The SDK maps will be updated very soon.

I'll edit this post soon with a better reply about the logic_relays.

Hello again.

I finally found out the crash was a combinaison of various things:

text file is not in the gamerules directory anymore

spawnzone can not start enabled

last but not least: the office_chair model has broken physics. Removing it finally got the client running

Now that i have changed my spawn areas to conform the new file format and have removed all the activate / deactivate logic in it, i still have one major problem: the new code does not seem to trigger the OnCaptured events. This is a problem because my map rely heavily on this to start animations, render bridges, remove doors and break wall so that every team always has a natural spawn protection. I spent a lot of time on those animations and now i can't even start them....

Why were those triggers removed? When will they be enabled again or what is the workaround?

[R A F] 

You can keep the logic relays to trigger those events on capture.

Well they do not work. i did this control point -- OnCapture -> logic_relay trigger -> everything i need for my animation.

The logic relay never gets triggered. Here is how it is configured:

Code:
entity
{
    "id" "170312"
    "classname" "point_controlpoint"
    "default_owner" "0"
    "targetname" "pushpoint_04"
    connections
    {
        "OnCaptured" "pushrelay_04Trigger01"
    }
    "origin" "-368.5 291.5 -1575"
    editor
    {
        "color" "214 119 0"
        "groupid" "372737"
        "visgroupshown" "1"
        "visgroupautoshown" "1"
        "logicalpos" "[0 -10768]"
    }
}
entity
{
    "id" "1093718"
    "classname" "logic_relay"
    "spawnflags" "0"
    "StartDisabled" "0"
    "targetname" "pushrelay_04"
    connections
    {
        "OnTrigger" "kill_03Kill0-1"
        "OnTrigger" "break_03Break0-1"
        "OnTrigger" "door_03Kill0-1"
    }
    "origin" "-375.151 323.288 -1576"
    editor
    {
        "color" "220 30 220"
        "visgroupshown" "1"
        "visgroupautoshown" "1"
        "logicalpos" "[0 1500]"
    }
}

If i issue a  ent_fire pushrelay_04 trigger,  the various elements are properly handled. However, the pushpoint "OnCapture" is never triggered. Same for all other points. I tested with all variants of OnCaptured available, no can do Sad I doesn't work anymore.

[R A F] 

This is not game connected, but editor I think. You have some simple error in code, I can't check it now, but I'm near sure. Bad naming or something like this.

¡ǝɹǝɥ ǝƃɐɹǝʌǝq ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'uɐɯ 'lnɟǝɹɐɔ

[Image: adi.gif] [Image: Ntr2SjW.png]

Sorry I missed this, thanks Dude for stepping up...

I believe Dude is using logic relays in Karam to change some things on A's capture.

I've not personally tried any logic relays based on caps since the beta.

Quote:This is not game connected, but editor I think. You have some simple error in code, I can't check it now, but I'm near sure. Bad naming or something like this.
Then tell me why they worked before the update? All i did was removing from the entity the rule to activate / deactivate spawn / capture zone. I did not touch the relay. As you can see from code, on capture, the pushrelay_04 -> Trigger is supposed to be run. It never is. if i issue in map "ent_fire pushrelay_04 trigger", the relay works, so the rlay is ok, it's just that the capture never triggers the relay. The code i provided above is quite small and easy to read. If it's wrong, tell me what is wrong because, again, it worked before....

I can accept that i may have messed one or two capture zone while remove the enable / disable of spawn/capture. But that all my triggers on all captures do fail now.....

Note that it's a push map, which mean the server is moving the spawn point on itself now. So maybe the new code forget to run the triggers when it move the spawn / captures.....

Will try this evening to change the map to another mode to see if triggers are run.
[R A F] 

did a test in battle mode too, no success. Unless someone can provide me with a simple map, having working capture trigger, i will assume the trigger are never fired on capture and i can't continue my map until a fix i released.

[R A F] 

I believe the next update will resolve this issue.

I recently had to go through the setup of the "Battle"-mode. If anyone is interested, I made an example map that includes; 5 capture-points and 6 spawnzones (3/team) and the CPsetup  (explained further down).

Download SDK Example

Battle-mode explained:

I had a talk with eXnihilo, who probably explained the setup the best:

There are 3 stages in battle, each stage is connected with 2 spawnzone.

F.ex.

1st stage is neutral, where neither team owns "Charlie" capture-point.

2nd stage is where team 1 owns "Charlie", and,

3rd stage is where team 2 owns "Charlie".

In "Battle", capture-points; Alpha and Bravo, always starts under Security's control.

Capture-point; Charlie, always starts as a neutral point, and,

Capture-point; Delta and Echo, always start under Insugents' control.

CPsetup explained:

The first control "controlpoint", in this case "cap_2", is always capture-point "Alpha" and, as stated above, we know "Alpha" will always start under Sec's control. This pattern continues as I've indicated below.

Spawnzones works in concurrency with the 3 "stages" explained above.

When the game starts, CP "Charlie" is neutral, so each team will spawn in "spawnzone_neutral".

If, f.ex, "Security" captures "Charlie", then both teams will start spawning in "spawnzone_sec_advance", if, on the other hand, Insurgents' capture Charlie, both teams will spawn at "spawnzone_ins_advance".

These spawnzones are persistent, with "Charlie" being the tipping point.

<pre class="_prettyXprint">
"cpsetup.txt"
{
"battle"
{
"controlpoint" "cap_2" // Alpha
"controlpoint" "cap_3" // Bravo
"controlpoint" "cap_1" // Charlie
"controlpoint" "cap_5" // Delta
"controlpoint" "cap_4" // Echo

"spawnzones"
{
"0" "spawnzone_ins_advance"
"1" "spawnzone_neutral"
"2" "spawnzone_sec_advance"
}
}
}
</pre>
SDK use:

In the SDK Example, you can see how the above information is put in use.

The capture-points are set up so they reflect the information in CPsetup. You can name and order these any way you want, as long is it reflected as in the CPsetup.

The same goes for the spawnzones, which are setup to push either team back or forth, depending on who owns "Charlie".

On a final note, make sure that all "point_controlpoint" has "Default Owner" set to "Unassigned". Also remember, while all 3 types of spawnzones must be present, you can use the same spawnpoints by covering them with different spawnzones.

I hope this helps,

ZeakDK
For those of you having trouble with the OnCaptured output,  test your map with the beta branch and it should be working again.

And for those making VIP maps, the beta also has that gamemode as an option now. Set the "AttackingTeam" as the team that has to kill the VIP (insurgents by default) and make capture zones for extraction points in the usual way.