Quote:For those of you having trouble with the OnCaptured output,  test your map with the beta branch and it should be working again.

And for those making VIP maps, the beta also has that gamemode as an option now. Set the "AttackingTeam" as the team that has to kill the VIP (insurgents by default) and make capture zones for extraction points in the usual way.
So we can start work on making Security have to hunt down an HVT as the objective as well, correct?
[Image: johnwayneb.jpg]

Quote:For those of you having trouble with the OnCaptured output,  test your map with the beta branch and it should be working again.
Tested with the current release (not beta), it's working again, thank you Smile
[R A F] 

Awesome!  Soo good to hear.

New SDK files are released too! Back to mapping, all!

could use new examples for the coop modes checkpoint and outpost

[Image: x10e.jpg]

I'll make sure they are out within the next week.

actually also need new examples for, new skirmish and strike gamemodes, i wanna setup korengal for strike should be like PR

[Image: x10e.jpg]

I thought it might be my fault that my maps aren't compiling but I downloaded the example battle content and tried to compile that and it still doesn't work, insurgency just crashes on loading resources, does anyone have a solution to this?

New SDK maps and text files will be released at update. To compile and test any map, you need to be sure it has a mapname.txt in your maps folder as well. For the SDK maps, you will find the appropriate text files in the SDK folder under scripts.

Quote:New SDK maps and text files will be released at update. To compile and test any map, you need to be sure it has a mapname.txt in your maps folder as well. For the SDK maps, you will find the appropriate text files in the SDK folder under scripts.
Thanks I'll try this out and see if I have any success, good luck with your launch tomorrow Big Grin
Can I find a complete uncompiled stockmap in one of the gamefolders or is there a possibility for the devs to add one.

This would made it easier for people new to hammer to see whats neccesary to have an Insurgency map.

Its also make things like doorsize and windows eesier.

Nevermind I learned how to decompile them :-)

Code:
"cpsetup.txt"
{    
    "battle"
    {
        "controlpoint"        "cp1"
        "controlpoint"        "cp2"
        "controlpoint"        "cp3"

"spawnzones"
        {
            "0"  "IA"
            "1"  "N"
            "2"  "SA"
        }
    }
}

Hi, still no luck, still getting a insurgency crash on loading resources... is there something wrong with this script or am I missing something from my map?

I have the spawn zones, 3 cps with the zones a light_enviroment, ins_teamparameters

and a ins_viewpoint?

Yeah, that is not a battle configuration. Check the first page for battle, Zeak made a great post about how to do battle. You may need 5 objs for it.

If you just want to load your map, simply change battle to "firefight" and it could work if you have the stuff named right.

I'd suggest firefight to get it running, then tweak from there.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

-Snip-

Fixed it.