hey guys, i'v seen some great work here and i'm wondering if anyone is willing to create some custom models for the insurgency community to use.

I'm creating maps and sometimes i find myself in need of custom models and i don't want to port them from other games because of copyright and because insurgency features bigger player models, so if i port a car from hl2 to insurgency, in-game it will look like a miniature vehicle lol

So i was wondering if someone could crate a construction crane and an industrial crane.

Also take this chance to say that if anyone has any requests, you might as well ask them here Big Grin

Thanks in advance!! Smile

Cheers

I can create the Industrial crane. but i need to know some important info. What kind of condition is this crane going to be in (always indoor barely used, indoor Over used, Outdoor new, outDoor old, outdoor broken) I also need to know what the size of the tracks for it will be (from one track to the next or you can send me a Vmf with the tracks in it which would be a ton more earier):

| |                                                                            | |

| |                                                                            | |

| |        In hammer units!                                  | |

| |  ::-----------Length-----------::  | |

Quote:I can create the Industrial crane. but i need to know some important info. What kind of condition is this crane going to be in (always indoor barely used, indoor Over used, Outdoor new, outDoor old, outdoor broken) I also need to know what the size of the tracks for it will be (from one track to the next or you can send me a Vmf with the tracks in it which would be a ton more earier):

| |        In hammer units!                                  | |

| |  ::-----------Length-----------::  | |

Great, thanks in advance.

I will do the rough prefab so that you get the idea.

I know this is asking too much, but would be awesome if the crane would feature two skins, one new one rusty :p 

Also, if the hook could be a separate model so that we can set it to different heights Big Grin

BUT would be awesome just to have 1 simple crane, would make me a super happy panda.

Im about to leave for work, when i'm back i'll take care of the prefab, meanwhile you can add me on skype if you want to Big Grin

Cheers man!!! Smile
Ok, so i made some references, hope it helps! chose whichever you want to, no need for all of them, im just posting in case anyone else wants to help! Smile

Industrial Crane: Model from "contagion" 

[Image: 5L8aoF2.jpg]

Shipyard Crane: Model from Half-Life 2

[Image: T4J1gk0.jpg]

Construction Crane:

[Image: XKURqx8.jpg]

Let me know if i can help in any way! ^^

Cheers

You are allowed to use assets from the SDK 2013.  They are all HL2 models and textures.  There is a very minimal difference between HL2 and INS model sizes.  GTA models on the other hand are way different sized.

I used the SDK 2013 assets in Hijacked map as well as other custom models intended for CSS /  HL2.  Nobody complained a bit.  They however can be resized.  

To do so:

1.  decompile the model with Crowbar

2.  Resize it in blender

3.  Recompile it again with Crowbar

This is all rather time consuming though.  I am pretty sure though the crane from HL2 is available in the SDK though.

[Image: mike.gif]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]
Quote:You are allowed to use assets from the SDK 2013.  They are all HL2 models and textures.  There is a very minimal difference between HL2 and INS model sizes.  GTA models on the other hand are way different sized.

I used the SDK 2013 assets in Hijacked map as well as other custom models intended for CSS /  HL2.  Nobody complained a bit.  They however can be resized.  

To do so:

2.  Resize it in blender

This is all rather time consuming though.  I am pretty sure though the crane from HL2 is available in the SDK though.

That is some really nice info, thanks a bunch. Regarding the content from the SDK, are you positive its cool to use it for insurgency??

Cheers
Yes, this question was asked in the Map contest thread:  

http://www.playinsurgency.com/forums/top...t/?p=33446
[Image: mike.gif]
Quote:Yes, this question was asked in the Map contest thread:  

http://www.playinsurgency.com/forums/top...t/?p=33446

thanks man, really appreciate it! ^^

Still, would would be awesome to have "constrution" cranes Big Grin
Are the players going to be close to this or is it going to up and kind of out of view?

[Image: 0GeB43m.jpg]

Quote:Are the players going to be close to this or is it going to up and kind of out of view?

[Image: 0GeB43m.jpg]

wow!!! that is looking awesome!!!!

Players will most likely not be able to see the top and the bottom will be really high in a dark area.

Regardless, it will always stay really high where players will not reach!

Cheers Smile
Heres the Crane track all textured up.

[Image: mHeibyM.jpg]

Dude, that is AMAZING! Big Grin

Holy... i love it!!! couldn't be any better!!!!!!

Here you go: Do you just want a dirty texture or a clean one also. (wouldn't take long). If not ill put this up on gamebanana later.

[Image: 7lrGLRZ.jpg]

Incredible work man!

i'm fine with the way it is, love it!! ^_^

Cheers

Quote: 

To do so:

2.  Resize it in blender

fyi you can specify scale in the .qc file when compiling a model and eliminate blender from this process.