[Image: project_thumb_gb.jpg]

Quote: 

General
  • Squad based team play
  • NO unlocks or kill streaks!
  • Using latest version of industry leading Unreal Engine 3.0
Player view
  • True First Person System 1.0 that gives no disconnect between what you see of yourself and what others see of you
  • Correct and realistic first person weapon view
  • Freelook style first person system. Players can look around independently of weapon
Weapons
  • Tactical reload system with both loaded and “dry” reloads
  • Each weapon has it’s own reload sequence
  • Reload animations can be interrupted
  • Empty mags fall to the ground and mags still containing rounds go back into pouch for later use
  • Weapons collide with the world. Your weapon is truly in the world and will collide with objects in it. This means that weapon choice will actually matter as longer weapons might not be the best option to equip yourself with if operating in a CQB environment.
  • Accurate and realistic weapon transitions. Main weapon falls to chest on sling while drawing secondary or special item
  • Fully customizable weapons. Setup your weapons how you choose with various attachments that operate as they would in the real world
  • Items used in game requires time to equip… no magical NVG turning on or grenade equip. Equipping items takes time
  • Realistic representation of optics usage on weapons
  • Various melee abilities including accurate portrayal of knife usage as well as muzzle jabs
Inventory and ammo
  • Inventory system that has each magazine track rounds available
  • Pickup and drop weapons on the battlefield
  • Supported shooting with bipods
  • Customizable character gear. What you take into battle is all you have and physically shows on your character
  • Ability to share gear with others (carry more ammo for a buddy)
  • Save and recall individual weapon/character customized loadouts
Movements and injuries
  • Ability to accurately and realistically jump in game (see our NORG page)
  • Ability to clamber onto and over objects
  • Prone, crouch and stand postures
  • Lean and peak system that includes a ‘step out’ ability to quickly step out from cover then back in
  • Encumbrance system that takes weight and bulk of items into account for movement. Variations will not be drastic but noticeable. We are portraying highly skilled operators here
  • Choose between uniform types and a variety of body armor and vests/harnesses, all with in game tradeoffs
  • No regenerating health, but ability to administer first aid to non-lethal injuries for reduced combat effectiveness
  • Players will have visible injuries including limps and non/reduced functional limbs
  • Ability to stay in fight if non mobile from non-lethal wound
Game world and maps
  • Material penetration
  • Accurate but not overly complicated ballistics model including bullets originating from muzzle of weapon and lethal/accurate locational damage
  • Doors that can be opened/closed at variable speed, kicked open (might take more than one kick) as well as breached with weapons or explosives
  • Unique environments
  • Areas in maps have multiple entry points
  • Full featured Training ranges, including Killhouses with completely random target placement
  • All enemies spawned and patrolling at start
Modding and multiplayer
  • Full mod tools
  • Full and free Dedicated Server support. Host a server wherever you want
  • Full support for ladders
  • User made arm patches
  • In game VOIP with ability to set comm channels within team as well as mute options
  • Full MP lobby system with pre/post game chat
  • Private password protected lobbies/rooms
  • After Action Review after each round
  • Clan/Unit friendly
  • Various adversarial and Co-op style MP game types available at launch
  • Controller support on PC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are back! Blackfoot is now planning to collect 25K on a new Kickstarter (should be easy, they had 110K in their failed Kickstarter). They will use this money to polish up the game and release an alpha on Steam Early-Acces! Big Grin

Quote:Calling all Ground Branch supporters..... the time has come to finalize our plan to move forward with funding Ground Branch and could use some valuable feedback from our loyal supporters.

Lots of work has been put into Ground Branch over the past year, but as you can imagine, without actual funding things are slow. We decided that a second full blown Kickstarter campaign was not something we wanted to tackle though. Partly due to KS overload and the resources involved with pulling off another full campaign. Believe it or not, it takes a LOT of work and time.

Check out http://www.groundbranch.com/ to get an idea of whats been going on if you haven't been following.

So we have determined that the best course of action is to follow in the footsteps of some other ‘small developer’ made titles and go the "Alpha Early Access" route to fund as we go. Successful titles like Natural Selection 2, Overgrowth and Prison Architect are great examples of how this is beneficial to all parties involved. To do this in the way that we want, we need to be able to have a solid Pre-Alpha build ready to go when that campaign is launched. People will need a tangible idea of what GB is all about. This is where our loyal supporters come in.......

To complete the Pre-Alpha build to an acceptable state in a timely manner we need to secure a budget of roughly $25,000. The money will specifically be used for:

Content creation to round out the initial map(s) 
Completing creation of enough weapons and gear to accurately show off customization features
Reworking of character models to better utilize revamped customization features
Bring on person to work specifically on UI
Have groundbranch.com professional redone for a more polish presentation with official Pre-Sell ecommerce component added ( not to exceed $3,000)
While we will do the Alpha Early Access ourselves, we have also contacted Valve about doing an official Early Access sale on Steam and they are interested. However, they would like to see a more polished and complete build before committing. So here we are, suggesting a "low key" kickstarter campaign specifically targeted to our loyal supporters and previous backers without a lot of PR. This new campaign will be the funding we need to "kickstart" development into a higher gear so that we can reach our goals faster. The idea is to keep this KS lean and focused on you (that means we may re-use some things from the previous KS). Though feel free to show it to friends... we won't turn anyone away! And to alleviate some concerns surrounding what GB was going to be, the final product will have a robust Single Player and co-op component which you would have input on. So by funding this way, we believe Ground branch will be a more well rounded title.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this survey to help us out: 

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=zyvl4xza31q2y0i222063

Rest assured that by pledging you will receive the FULL Ground Branch release (and more) when it’s done. You will NOT need to buy in again at any time. You will also receive access to our live development wiki and private forum access where you will be able help shape the game during this process. And get some juicy inside info only available to you( There is already some that we can't share publicly yet, but you would know as a supporter). Playable builds will be available at some point before finishing the Pre-Alpha as well.

Ground Branch is being made. But we need a little help in getting over this hump so that we can open the flood gates and finally get development moving at a consistent pace and get the game we all want to play faster. 

- The BFS Team

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
I've been following Ground Branch since it was announced in the Infiltration community by the former devs there. For a while it looked like a working build might never see the light of day, but now they're posting demonstrations that seem very promising, like a playable build is within reach and will definitely be reached eventually. Their true first person concept, like their approach to many other basic mechanics, is very ambitious, and does things the difficult-but-correct way, rather than taking easy shortcuts.

I must say, I am impressed. Especially the feature of using watches, non-conforming to the classic timer in your HUD is a plus!

This game looks amazing with it fancy details and style unlike some other fully released buggy games *cough*takedown red sabre*cough*.

What I noticed is that you seem to point your weapon towards the grounds unless you are aiming down the sights. Now either that means you can't hip fire? or  you keep your weapon pointing at the ground until you press the fire button? I would like to know this.

The game looks quality...

Quote:What I noticed is that you seem to point your weapon towards the grounds unless you are aiming down the sights. Now either that means you can't hip fire? or  you keep your weapon pointing at the ground until you press the fire button? I would like to know this.

its a button you press, im going to almost guarantee this. like AA3's Hi/Lo Ready b key. 

just seems like the best option. and would make the most sense.
[Image: TheLentonM4-1.jpg]

[Image: userbaru.png]
[Image: mumblebaruser4.png]  Project Reality Player
[Image: PROUDLYCANADIAN.jpg]
Check out my Youtube Channel for great gameplay Vids
Quote:What I noticed is that you seem to point your weapon towards the grounds unless you are aiming down the sights. Now either that means you can't hip fire? or you keep your weapon pointing at the ground until you press the fire button? I would like to know this.

Yeah, your avatar holds his weapon at the low-ready position until you voluntarily enter a command to raise the weapon and aim.

http://youtu.be/V1UOtnlwyjg?t=29s

It could potentially feel awkward, but it corresps more closely with real life weapon handling, and I give the devs the benefit of the doubt that they will iron out the controls until this aspect feels smooth, natural, and intuitive.
Those animations....  8===D~~~

Unlike Takedown where their "realistic" animations were the main reason why I figured this game was not the game for me, this game states that they do not want a disconnect with the player and the game because of shitty animations.  This is a game where developers know what they're doing.  Takedown is the prime example on how NOT to make a tactical shooter as no one will like it.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
Quote:Those animations....  8===D~~~

Unlike Takedown where their "realistic" animations were the main reason why I figured this game was not the game for me, this game states that they do not want a disconnect with the player and the game because of shitty animations.  This is a game where developers know what they're doing.  Takedown is the prime example on how NOT to make a tactical shooter as no one will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVUsmNI6Cm0

Wink

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gladenl/
One of the games on my radar =). Hope it'll be great!

[Image: personalsig2Snuff.jpg]
I'm glad to see that we have almost everyone of those features except for wounding/medic...

In addition we have suppression and free aim and great weapon feel that I think is hard to compete with.

We don't have some of the uber-realism stuff, but those may not contribute to the "fun" factor, although they are nice to see.

I just hope they don't get ruined by some publisher somehow... too many small studios are falling victim to the age old trap of big guys with big wallets and then they get bossed around into releasing a broken dream... 

Quote:I'm glad to see that we have almost everyone of those features except for wounding/medic...

In addition we have suppression and free aim and great weapon feel that I think is hard to compete with.

We don't have some of the uber-realism stuff, but those may not contribute to the "fun" factor, although they are nice to see.

I just hope they don't get ruined by some publisher somehow... too many small studios are falling victim to the age old trap of big guys with big wallets and then they get bossed around into releasing a broken dream... 

If I was to take one thing from this game and bring it too insurgency it would be the realistic movement/sprint system with head bob and camera shake... Really adds to a tactical shooter.

Not even very much but just enough so it doesn't feel like I'm floating around. Oh and the footstep sounds are a little weird too.

Yeah, we'll have that Smile It's just not in YET Smile

It was just brought up in the dev channel today... this is an important part of the final product.

Remember guys, we are in beta... lots more polish on the way!

Wow looks amazing! Def watching this. Hopefully it plays well because the potential looks incredible. Hopefully we can incorporate a lot of those features, most of them have been discussed, just not sure where the priorities are. I believe we have much greater mod-ability though. I think it the long run that will really help INS.

Quote:Wow looks amazing! Def watching this. Hopefully it plays well because the potential looks incredible. Hopefully we can incorporate a lot of those features, most of them have been discussed, just not sure where the priorities are. I believe we have much greater mod-ability though. I think it the long run that will really help INS.

yeah these games definitely look in direct competition, but it always helps to get your game out first and because of their similarity you could get some good inspiration for insurgency... Same goes for their developers.