- Squad based team play
- NO unlocks or kill streaks!
- Using latest version of industry leading Unreal Engine 3.0
- True First Person System 1.0 that gives no disconnect between what you see of yourself and what others see of you
- Correct and realistic first person weapon view
- Freelook style first person system. Players can look around independently of weapon
Inventory and ammo
- Tactical reload system with both loaded and â€œdryâ€ reloads
- Each weapon has itâ€™s own reload sequence
- Reload animations can be interrupted
- Empty mags fall to the ground and mags still containing rounds go back into pouch for later use
- Weapons collide with the world. Your weapon is truly in the world and will collide with objects in it. This means that weapon choice will actually matter as longer weapons might not be the best option to equip yourself with if operating in a CQB environment.
- Accurate and realistic weapon transitions. Main weapon falls to chest on sling while drawing secondary or special item
- Fully customizable weapons. Setup your weapons how you choose with various attachments that operate as they would in the real world
- Items used in game requires time to equipâ€¦ no magical NVG turning on or grenade equip. Equipping items takes time
- Realistic representation of optics usage on weapons
- Various melee abilities including accurate portrayal of knife usage as well as muzzle jabs
Movements and injuries
- Inventory system that has each magazine track rounds available
- Pickup and drop weapons on the battlefield
- Supported shooting with bipods
- Customizable character gear. What you take into battle is all you have and physically shows on your character
- Ability to share gear with others (carry more ammo for a buddy)
- Save and recall individual weapon/character customized loadouts
Game world and maps
- Ability to accurately and realistically jump in game (see our NORG page)
- Ability to clamber onto and over objects
- Prone, crouch and stand postures
- Lean and peak system that includes a â€˜step outâ€™ ability to quickly step out from cover then back in
- Encumbrance system that takes weight and bulk of items into account for movement. Variations will not be drastic but noticeable. We are portraying highly skilled operators here
- Choose between uniform types and a variety of body armor and vests/harnesses, all with in game tradeoffs
- No regenerating health, but ability to administer first aid to non-lethal injuries for reduced combat effectiveness
- Players will have visible injuries including limps and non/reduced functional limbs
- Ability to stay in fight if non mobile from non-lethal wound
Modding and multiplayer
- Material penetration
- Accurate but not overly complicated ballistics model including bullets originating from muzzle of weapon and lethal/accurate locational damage
- Doors that can be opened/closed at variable speed, kicked open (might take more than one kick) as well as breached with weapons or explosives
- Unique environments
- Areas in maps have multiple entry points
- Full featured Training ranges, including Killhouses with completely random target placement
- All enemies spawned and patrolling at start
- Full mod tools
- Full and free Dedicated Server support. Host a server wherever you want
- Full support for ladders
- User made arm patches
- In game VOIP with ability to set comm channels within team as well as mute options
- Full MP lobby system with pre/post game chat
- Private password protected lobbies/rooms
- After Action Review after each round
- Clan/Unit friendly
- Various adversarial and Co-op style MP game types available at launch
- Controller support on PC
They are back! Blackfoot is now planning to collect 25K on a new Kickstarter (should be easy, they had 110K in their failed Kickstarter). They will use this money to polish up the game and release an alpha on Steam Early-Acces!
Quote:Calling all Ground Branch supporters..... the time has come to finalize our plan to move forward with funding Ground Branch and could use some valuable feedback from our loyal supporters.
Lots of work has been put into Ground Branch over the past year, but as you can imagine, without actual funding things are slow. We decided that a second full blown Kickstarter campaign was not something we wanted to tackle though. Partly due to KS overload and the resources involved with pulling off another full campaign. Believe it or not, it takes a LOT of work and time.
Check out http://www.groundbranch.com/ to get an idea of whats been going on if you haven't been following.
So we have determined that the best course of action is to follow in the footsteps of some other â€˜small developerâ€™ made titles and go the "Alpha Early Access" route to fund as we go. Successful titles like Natural Selection 2, Overgrowth and Prison Architect are great examples of how this is beneficial to all parties involved. To do this in the way that we want, we need to be able to have a solid Pre-Alpha build ready to go when that campaign is launched. People will need a tangible idea of what GB is all about. This is where our loyal supporters come in.......
To complete the Pre-Alpha build to an acceptable state in a timely manner we need to secure a budget of roughly $25,000. The money will specifically be used for:
Content creation to round out the initial map(s)
Completing creation of enough weapons and gear to accurately show off customization features
Reworking of character models to better utilize revamped customization features
Bring on person to work specifically on UI
Have groundbranch.com professional redone for a more polish presentation with official Pre-Sell ecommerce component added ( not to exceed $3,000)
While we will do the Alpha Early Access ourselves, we have also contacted Valve about doing an official Early Access sale on Steam and they are interested. However, they would like to see a more polished and complete build before committing. So here we are, suggesting a "low key" kickstarter campaign specifically targeted to our loyal supporters and previous backers without a lot of PR. This new campaign will be the funding we need to "kickstart" development into a higher gear so that we can reach our goals faster. The idea is to keep this KS lean and focused on you (that means we may re-use some things from the previous KS). Though feel free to show it to friends... we won't turn anyone away! And to alleviate some concerns surrounding what GB was going to be, the final product will have a robust Single Player and co-op component which you would have input on. So by funding this way, we believe Ground branch will be a more well rounded title.
We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this survey to help us out:
Rest assured that by pledging you will receive the FULL Ground Branch release (and more) when itâ€™s done. You will NOT need to buy in again at any time. You will also receive access to our live development wiki and private forum access where you will be able help shape the game during this process. And get some juicy inside info only available to you( There is already some that we can't share publicly yet, but you would know as a supporter). Playable builds will be available at some point before finishing the Pre-Alpha as well.
Ground Branch is being made. But we need a little help in getting over this hump so that we can open the flood gates and finally get development moving at a consistent pace and get the game we all want to play faster.
- The BFS Team