So I am not the only one who is disapppointed with the new default voice for the Germans, but here are my own reasons for disliking it.

First of all I have to mention I am German, and have mostly played Axis in DoD and also since I began playing Day of Infamy.
I always liked the voice in DoD and when I first played Day of Infamy I was very satisifed to find it was even better than the one in DoD. In fact for me this voice (and the use of voices in Day of Infamy in general) is one of the most important aspects of this game. It is one of the primary reasons why I am pleased with my purchase of the game.

Now this excellent default voice has been replaced in the new update with a voice that while it speaks German just as accurate like the old voice and without accent, sounds like your average 12 years old CoD player. The original voice sounded like a man, now we have kids fighting who look like grown ups. It feels ridiculous both playing as a German soldier now and playing as Allied soldier against these crybabies.

I strongly recommend the makers of Day of Infamy to change back to the old voice which was basically flawless. I only heard good things from other users about the original voice. Noone ever complained or wanted a diffferent voice. The new voice decreases the quality of the game.
I was a bit turned off by the new voices but came to realize its more of an issue of hearing the same voice actor all over the place. There's no variation whatsoever between one player to the next (of course this applies to all nations) UNLESS a player has selected a different unit. I don't know the cost of providing a different voice actor for each class of every unit, but I would imagine it could get costly very quickly, especially if they plan to release more units in the future.

I think its a pretty accurate voice considering a lot of the soldiers in all nations were young. Just... Hearing it cloned all over isn't necessarily nice.
(10-03-2017, 17:11)ExplosiveDeer Wrote: I was a bit turned off by the new voices but came to realize its more of an issue of hearing the same voice actor all over the place. There's no variation whatsoever between one player to the next (of course this applies to all nations) UNLESS a player has selected a different unit. I don't know the cost of providing a different voice actor for each class of every unit, but I would imagine it could get costly very quickly, especially if they plan to release more units in the future.

I think its a pretty accurate voice considering a lot of the soldiers in all nations were young. Just... Hearing it cloned all over isn't necessarily nice.

It isn't just that the voice sounds young, it is expressionless and emotionless. It doesn't sound like WWII at all, it doesn't even sound like it belongs to a war setting, let alone Day of Infamy. It kills the immersion.
Did you take part in World War II? Or did you watch a bunch of war films and formulate the ideal voice based on them...

I find it to be as accurate as it can be considering the age portrayed, and the language used. Implying there is a perfect "voice" for a population of a million plus troops is ludicrous, in fact I'm sure they had multiple dialects mixed up in their ranks a lot like every other nation who recruited troops from different regions.

To say it's emotionless is clearly silly... The voice actor manages to fit the "Teenager scared shitless" especially when suppressed by enemy fire.

It has everything to do with hearing the cloned voice in every direction IMO.
Yeah I have to agree with ExplosiveDeer. The older voice is also in the game so I don't see a huge issue with this.

It's definitely ridiculous to suggest it lowers the quality of the game or they are "emotionless". .