New World Forums
Tactical Operations playlist? - Printable Version

+- New World Forums (https://forums.newworldinteractive.com)
+-- Forum: Day of Infamy (https://forums.newworldinteractive.com/forum-53.html)
+--- Forum: QA / Feedback (https://forums.newworldinteractive.com/forum-74.html)
+--- Thread: Tactical Operations playlist? (/thread-18547.html)

Tactical Operations playlist? - Unaccceptable - 16-03-2017

Im a big fan of firefight, skirmish, elimination and especially ambush gamemodes in Insurgency and play them almost excusevly. In my opinion it is the best part of insurgency's gamemodes, and the one that shines engine and game features the most.
However, Day of Infamy features "run like a heasless chicken against the bullets" gamemodes, that based arround endless waves of respawns, charging enemy points and heavy artillery usage. So, skill-based aspect of gameplay has been cut very significantly compated to insurgency. (And that is also the reason why most of the players i know keep playing insurgency even after trying DoI)
Gamemodes about blowing up flak's and intel delivery are practically never get played on the servers.
I would absolutely love to play without random deaths from artillery and high explosives, with competetive player number (16-24 players) and no respans without accomplishing objective.
So, can we hope to see expansion of such gamemodes and separated playlist for them in Day of Infamy? It would be incredible!

Sorry for bad english.

RE: Tactical Operations playlist? - mr.pink - 17-03-2017

Its there. Special Assignments for 8on8 combat (Firefight, Intel and Sabotage).

"Special Assignments"
- Smaller scale engagements
- 16 player Max
- Reduced fire support availability"
"Game Modes"
- Firefight
- Sabotage
- Intel"

"game_gm_firefight" "Firefight"
"game_objective_firefight" "Secure the Area"
"game_description_firefight" "To win, your team must capture all territorial objectives or eliminate the enemy team. Your team will be reinforced if an objective is captured.

"game_gm_sabotage" "Sabotage"
"game_objective_sabotage_attack" "Destroy the enemy targets!"
"game_objective_sabotage_defend" "Protect the targets from enemy saboteurs!"
"game_description_sabotage" "There are high value fuel and anti-air targets in the area. One team must protect them while the other must infiltrate their defense and sabotage the targets.

"game_gm_intel" "Intel"
"game_objective_intel_attack" "Take the intelligence to the delivery point!"
"game_objective_intel_defend" "Prevent the enemy from escaping with the inteligence!"
"game_description_intel" "As attackers, you must take the intelligence to the delivery point. As defenders, you must prevent the attackers from escaping with the intelligence."

RE: Tactical Operations playlist? - Unaccceptable - 17-03-2017

(17-03-2017, 04:56)mr.pink Wrote: Its there. Special Assignments for 8on8 combat (Firefight, Intel and Sabotage).

"Gamemodes about blowing up flak's and intel delivery are practically never get played on the servers."

And its wont be really played, atleast they'l have separated playlist in menu and servers that run them.

Agreed. I would love to see an ambush mode for 8on8, with the "general" as faction specific VIP. Also a ctf-like mode would have been nice for 8on8, not many games novadays with such a mode around.
It is like it is. DOI is not Insurgency, so it might be different after release and people play special assignments though. We will see.

RE: Tactical Operations playlist? - Unaccceptable - 17-03-2017

(17-03-2017, 07:06)mr.pink Wrote: Agreed. I would love to see an ambush mode for 8on8, with the "general" as faction specific VIP.

At one of the wiki pages, one of planned future modes says:

"Pilot Rescue

Rescue and exfiltrate a downed pilot from behind enemy lines."

Would be happy to see it!

Sounds interesting. DOI once had squadbased faction layouts like Insurgency and even added squadrelated spawns (so your scenario could have been technically done). Few months ago they moved from squadbased layout to classbased (with multiple and/or unlimited amount of players for each class). However the squadlayout is kind of still being used, as whole team = one squad and I doubt this not being doable at all.
I can not recall any beta test with anything similar to this on board. Maybe this gamemode will be added in future patches/content updates. Would be cool to have.

By the way, such kind of scenarios got suggested for Insurgency aswell, especially squadrelated spawnpoints so you can customize/script such scenarios easily with Insurgency VIP mode. Unfortunately that never happened :/